Windows 10 1709 freeze randomly

Windows 10 1709 its been out almost a month now and still no fix for the freezing bug issue, lots of people are having the same issue as me and none of your suggestion work  unlike the 1703 which didn't freeze for me but sadly 1709 does but seems like Microsoft hasn't acknowledge the problem yet..   #Microsoft fix it 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Corrupted system files and outdated computer drivers are some of the few examples why this issue is happening. Check out the article: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10. Follow all the recommended solutions in the article especially the Check for corrupted Windows system files section.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

iv tried sfc /scannow but it found no errors of any kind. and dism.exe
/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth we will see if that makes a difference but i doubt that it would,  i must say this is the second time iv installed windows 10 1709 and same problems. unlike 1703 no such problem.
thank you for at least taking the time to answer 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kindly update us on the result after using the DISM tool. If the issue still persists, we suggest performing a repair upgrade and see if it helps. Click on this Forum Article and follow the steps.

Note: Repair upgrade is the process of installing Windows 10 over the existing installation of Windows 10. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have this issue were Windows 1709 will freeze up on a completely fresh install with all good (verified) hardware, and can confirm this didn't happen on 1703.

Certain things will make the mouse and everything lock up for a couple seconds. One thing I know that always does this is right-clicking the desktop. The context menu won't come up right away and the mouse will freeze.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon as it is definitely a Fall Creators Update Windows issue.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and YouTube video

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Let us know if you have other questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Martin! This is not a problems from our machines (laptops). This is a problem with this update, because i saw everybody start to complain and to have this issue. The same problems i have after this update. First when i start the Windows and i logged with my account, start to freeze in any moments. Please, make a new update to solve this problem.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

okay well i'm not sure a upgrade would work, and i dont want to do a fresh copy of windows 10 1709, i did replace the ram to see if its caused this freezing which i really doubt it is because many other are having this issue which to me points to either windows problem or driver incompatibility 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

does it freeze like the screen is completely still? and only a way is to do a  hard reset of the power button?   

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, I am having the same problem after I updated to 1709 OS Build 16299.64. Didn't have this problem until I updated. 
Tried both sfc /scannow  and dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. I can verify that it is Windows as I have no problems when running Linux.
The computer freezes and I have to do a hard restart.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried disabling fast startup and haven't had a freeze since then.  It's too soon to know if this solves the problem but I'm hoping it does.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2023 Views 21,460 Applies to: