Missing mmcss service after rebooting pc

So as the title states, i'm missing my mmcss service after rebooting and now i have no audio.

I can find mmcss.sys in finder, and it's in regedit aswell.

I've tried everything i could find on the internet but nothing worked.

Maybe my regedit is corrupted but i'm not sure.

Thanks!

Edit: I've tried the solution from this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/i-have-lost-the-multimedia-class-scheduler-from-my/652591ac-5990-4102-b739-5f3e019f492d

But the sfc /scannow doesn't give me any output, and i can't download a windows ISO file because the program doesnt launch propperly.

Anyway i'm in quite the pickle ;(

Answer
Answer

Hi,

System file corruption indeed is the leading cause of this types of concerns. But before we proceed to troubleshooting, we would just like to ask a few questions before we proceed to troubleshooting.

• If you receive an error message, what exactly is it and it what way do you receive this message?
  • Was there any changes to the PC prior to this concern? Updates? Software installed? Hardware?

In the meantime here are some steps you may follow to troubleshoot the concern.

There is a lot of possible suspects for this misbehavior. A corrupted system file may result into a misrepresentation of the devices system displays. This could also be caused by incompatibilities with your hardware and drivers. Here are some steps we can follow to troubleshoot the concern.

Method 1: Troubleshooter

Have this diagnostic tools run first as a preliminary troubleshooting step:

Method 2: SFC/DISM

Please run the System File Checker tool as well to be able to detect and fix concerns with your entire system files. You may refer to this article: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

For DISM, you may follow these steps:

In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Method 3: Reinstall audio drivers

1. To Uninstall a driver, please go to the Cortana search bar beside the Start button. Type devmgmt.msc. Hit Enter.
  2. Expand Audio inputs and outputs. Look for your Audio device.
  3. Right-click, then select Properties.
  4. Navigate to Driver tab. then click Uninstall.
  5. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 6, 2021 Views 2,765 Applies to: