Audiodg.exe error in Windows 10

I sometimes get a cracking sound in the audio. I have disabled all the enhancements in the properties of speakers. It is still giving me errors when I run games or play some videos. Can you please suggest some solution.

1/3/2016 6:26 PM Application Error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3a8d
Faulting module name: CX64AP63.dll, version: 4.80.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f7a3b1d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f6ce5
Faulting process id: 0x3bf4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d146542ff1a63e
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CX64AP63.dll
Report Id: 5d539a0c-aa12-43a3-9e84-a159428ea461
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package

-relative application ID:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

"audiodg.exe" is a part of Windows 10. System services like audio drivers run in different and isolated login session from the locally logged-in user in Windows 10. This ensures that content and plug-ins cannot be modified by other applications (e.g. by spyware).

Note: The audiodg.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, audiodg.exe is a virus, spyware, or worm!

Please follow the below methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: I suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2: In Windows 10, when running audio or video player software, CPU usage will reach above 80% instantly. This phenomenon is caused by “audiodg.exe " process. Sometimes, high CPU usage by this process might lead to fake crash. Follow these steps to fix the issue:

1. Right-click "Speakers" icon in the taskbar and then select "Playback devices"
2. Under "Playback" tab, right-click "Speakers", and select "Properties".
3. Click on “Enhancements" tab under "Speakers Properties". Check "Disable all enhancements” check-box.
By the above steps, you could resolve the problem that "audiodg .exe" process hosts high CPU usage and prevent your machine from slow running and fake crash.

Method 3:

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check.

Fix sound problems:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I used the troubleshoot audio playback and it fixed the problem for a short time. Even if I manually start the audiodg it crashes after some time. I followed all the mentioned options and it is still not working.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2024 Views 37,842 Applies to: