Microsoft store broken after update

I just recently updated my computer, I believe it was December 2nd or 3rd, and the update ended up bring several bugs to my computer. Firstly, it broke my ATK package for my keyboard backlight (though I managed to fix this), it screwed up the PIN login, saying almost everytime that I used that that I should restart my computer, but restarting doesn't help (after doing some bug fixing on my computer for a while, this may be fixed, but i'm not sure). When I first updated, the start menu also wouldn't open, but I managed to fix that quickly.

Finally, the most lasting problem, is that the update broke the Windows Store and all of the apps for it. I've tried reinstalling windows, I've gone through numerous bug fixing guides, but no matter how much I try I can't fix the problem. It seems that the entirety of the windows store was somehow removed from my PC, or something like that. I've tried "wsreset.exe," however not even that is working. I get the following popup:

Losing these apps is very annoying, as the microsoft Photos app and Movies and TV app are what I usually use. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: after testing, it seems the PIN login is actually still not working. I get the error code 0x80070032.

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Run the automated troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps. Then, reset Windows Store. Setting > Apps > Apps & features > Advanced options > Reset.

You may also create a test user account and check if the issues replicate. Follow the steps outlined in this article.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, however, it was unable to fix my problem. I used the troubleshooter and got no errors in that, but once I went to Apps & features, I found that many of the installed apps were titled oddly, and I assume that all of the oddly titled ones are the apps that aren't working.

I found the "@{microsoft..." app that appeared to be the store, and I reset it, however that only made it disappear from the list, and still not actually work. Things like the calculator and camera also don't work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Interesting. Let's reinstall the built-in apps and check if it will make a difference. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + S and type Windows PowerShell.  

2. Right-click the first result and select Run as administrator.  

3. Copy and paste this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml".

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had tried this several times before (or at least something similar to this) but to no avail, and it didn't help this time either. I am unsure of if the slew of errors that popped up are normal, but just incase, here's a link with everything that popped up: https://pastebin.com/K1GJ4ECU

Also, you forgot to include a "}" at the end of the command, which it wouldn't work until I realized.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you getting the same issue on a test user account? If so, let's perform a repair upgrade and see if that fixes the issue. Review this Forum Article created by Andre Da Costa.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 25, 2022 Views 1,374 Applies to: