2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4088776)

Hi,

this install 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4088776) will not update through windows update  i receive an error code Last failed install attempt on ‎3/‎14/‎2018 - 0x80070bc2. i've done this nine times now. i also tried a manual install on security update for windows and it's telling me Requires a restart to finish installing and i did that no luck on either. how can this be correct so i get the latest update please. if anything needs to be done manually on my end can you please tell me step by step instructions.

Thank You

Answer
Answer

Hi Tom,

This issue can be caused by a corrupted system profile. For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you run Windows Update Troubleshooter. If it's the same issue, you may create another user profile using this link and run the Windows Update from there.

Let us know how it turns out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello DavidPayne1959,

Try these steps and see if it helps:

1. Type CMD on the Cortana search box, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
  2. On the Command Prompt window, type SC config wuauserv start= auto and press Enter.
  3. Type SC config bits start= auto and press Enter.
  4. Type SC config cryptsvc start= auto and press Enter.
  5. Type SC config trustedinstaller start= auto and press Enter. Close the Command Prompt window.
  6. Restart your PC and try the Windows update again.

Note: before performing the above steps, make sure to create a system restore point just in case anything goes wrong.

Let us know the outcome.

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2023 Views 5,682 Applies to: