BSOD

This Only Happens When I Apply The Settings For The Bluetooth HID Device Driver. When I deselect or select the box Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and after that, I click apply and it BSOD my computer.

Error: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (HIDCLASS.SYS)

Note that I have all the latest updates for Windows and all Device Drivers

Any Solutions To Solve This Problem Other Than Reinstalling The Driver As I Have Done It A Lot Of Times Already

Answer
Answer

There is a driver loaded on the system that may be problematic and that is the {7f2b4ad0-671a-477b-bcd4-79d041f50d27}w64.sys:

http://www.herdprotect.com/7f2b4ad0-671a-477b-bcd4-79d041f50d27w64.sys-a935707d37b2f5bd00fc93a904d83265e554335e.aspx

Can you remove the BrowseSmart program using "Uninstall or change a program"?:

http://www.fixyourbrowser.com/removal-instructions/remove-browsesmart-adware-virus-complete-instruction/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

The problematic driver may be the  mctkmd64.sys:

ffffd001`8e1e31d8  fffff801`86fb7b72*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mctkmd64.sys
 mctkmd64+0x1db72

The mctkmd64.sys, which is dated  Oct 18, 2013, appears to be a driver for a Magic Control Technology adapter.

Do you have such a device installed and, if so, which device and which driver is installed?

Can you temporarily uninstall the device and driver software and see if the BSOD resolves? 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 8, 2018 Views 1,933 Applies to: