Xbox 360 discs won't read on my Xbox One console

Hi, I've had this current problem for a long time now and it's really annoying me so i hope someone could find a solution to this :P.

Basically, I think there might be something wrong with my xbox's disc drive. The strange thing about this problem is, I can play xbox one disc games, dvds but not any xbox 360 games. I've tried all gears of war discs, halo reach, rainbow six and the list continues!

When i insert the 360 discs into the xbox one, nothing happens. No disc moment at all. About 30 seconds later, a message appears saying "Restart the app, then try again. Make sure you are using an xbox one game, a music cd, or a movie on blue ray or dvd. (0x80820002)"

This happens with every 360 game I try which is available on backwards compatibility. I just find it so strange that it's only the 360 discs that my xbox doesn't like. It's obviously not a bad disc because it's happening to all of them. Everything else works apart from this :(. 

Now I have followed all the steps on the Xbox website concerning disc problems and I have had no luck. I have also factory reset my console and it still doesn't work D:.

If someone has a simple solution to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, James 

Información de la pregunta

Última actualización 3 de marzo de 2019 Vistas: 498 Aplicable a:

x Jamesss xD,

Have you verified that your console has the latest update in order to support Backwards Compatibility?

~Blitz

¿Se solucionó el problema?

Sentimos que no te haya sido de ayuda.

¡Excelente! Muchas gracias por marcar esto como respuesta.

¿Qué grado de satisfacción tiene con esta respuesta?

Gracias por sus comentarios, nos ayudan a mejorar el sitio.

Gracias por sus comentarios

The console was last updated 08/01/2016 so I assume so

Ok, update dvds don't work either so I think it's highly likely it's a laser problem. I believe the xbox one has 2 lasers to read discs, one for blue ray and other for cds/dvds and I assuming thats whats not working anymore. Don't know how you would go about fixing that though. My guess is that you have to send it off for repairs but my warranty literally ran out like 2 weeks ago :(

Hey x Jamesss xD!

The best next step to take is to contact our phone support team to request a repair. I see that your warranty expired a couple weeks ago, but it never hurts to ask what your options are. :)

You can reach out to them through our Contact Us page.