Minecraft

I'm scared. This has happened twice now. I got Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for free when my girlfriend bought me a card that was for Java. It said that it came with Windows 10 for free. Now I don't have my worlds anymore and it upsets me because I worked really hard on those with my girlfriend. And it was the full version too. Now it shows that it is only the trial and I have to buy the full version. Please help me.

Thanks so much.

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put it but since it used Xbox Live I put it with Xbox...

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October 19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.
Game ON!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please make sure you are using the same email on Windows 10 that you used when you redeemed your Windows 10 Minecraft. 

Open the Windows Store app, and click on the thee dots menu in the upper right. Choose your library, and look for your Windows 10 version. 

If you are unable to find your Windows 10 version there, make double sure you are using the correct Microsoft Account email to access the store. 

If you use a different email, you are basically a new customer who never bought Minecraft in the first place. 

Purchases and code redemptions are tied to the email you used to buy/redeem a game. 

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is with the same eMail and everything that I redeemed it to. On Mojang it says when I redeemed my code for Java it came with Windows 10 for free. Not temporarily. It done this twice with my installation process. On the same eMail too. I don't understand why.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still using the same eMail. It has done this process twice for no reason. I have lost a lot of good memories on those worlds and it confuses why on why it would do such a thing as take it away. I think that if I keep it installed on my PC but use a product key then it should let me keep my worlds. But before I use a product key, I wanted to see if there was a solution to fix it... I tried this and it still showed me as having only the trial. When I first got it on both time, it showed that I owned my copy of the game completely.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you redeemed your Java Minecraft on Mojang, you have gotten a 5x5 code to redeem Minecraft on the Windows 10 store. 

This redemption is a separate service of your Mojang account, and it's possible to use a Microsoft Account email that is different from your Mojang account email. 

Mojang (which gives you Java Minecraft) is separate from the Microsoft Windows Store App, which uses a Microsoft Account email when you redeemed that 5x5 code. 

After redemption of that code, the Windows 10 Minecraft is tied to the Microsoft Account email you used on your Windows 10 PC. From then on, you don't really need the Mojang account anymore, if you only want to play on Windows 10. You will then get the game from the Windows 10 store only, with the E-Mail account you used on the Windows 10 store during code redemption.

So make sure you are signed in with the Microsoft Account email (which might not necessarily be the Mojang account email) when you use the Windows 10 Store app to re-download your Windows 10 Minecraft again.

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

...power cycling the console and getting it right from the store.

This is about Windows 10 Minecraft. Not Xbox Minecraft 😉

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I clicked to redeem it for Windows in the first place, it took me to the online store where I logged into my actual account that I wanted it on, it put the code in for me and said "You own this game." above it or something of the such.

It was supposed to permanently give me Minecraft: Windows 10 edition for free.

So based on all this information, will I just have to buy Minecraft from the store myself?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello NotSoDev,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning an inability to launch and play Minecraft for Windows 10 on your PC.

Simply put, if Minecraft for Windows 10 does not come up within your Microsoft account order history as a code redeemed to your account, either the wrong account is being used to sign in, or the code was redeemed to the wrong account.

The order history is confirmation that the account in use has full access to the game.

If you are able to get back into the game, you should not need to worry about the worlds being lost as they are cloud saved and waiting for you when you can return to the game.

Can you check the order history and let us know the results?

Best wishes!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 516 Applies to: