Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

I'm looking to find where the games are saved and executed on my PC mainly because I want to launch my mouse profiles with the game. I can't seem to locate where these files are stored?

Once I know where the game.exe file is located I can link it back to auto launch profiles when that game is enabled. 

Any help is appreciated. 

You dont as they are runed thru the xbox app not windows store

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You dont as they are runed thru the xbox app not windows store

That doesn't matter.  True, they are installed and managed by the Game Pass Beta app, but the games still install to the same hidden Windows Apps folder as standard Windows 10 apps.

To gain access you need to change some simple admin privileges. This website explains how.

181 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, having also wondered this as I just got Game Pass for PC simply because its such a good deal, here is what I found:

Despite installing the game into my E: drive, the .exe file is still located in my OS C: drive.

The address for Metro Exodus for example was;

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.11.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me

The application file has no icon or anything and trying to launch the game using this exe will display the error:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriete permissions to access the item.

This is despite me having full access over the folder and its subcontents (otherwise microsoft doesnt allow you to even open them in the first place). It seems like regardless of being able to access the .exe, only the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app allows it to be run.

71 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is despite me having full access over the folder and its subcontents (otherwise microsoft doesnt allow you to even open them in the first place). It seems like regardless of being able to access the .exe, only the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app allows it to be run.

Did you check out the contents/permissions of the stuff on the E: as well? It could be the C: is just a launcher for what's really on the E:.

Ackis - Xbox Ambassador since 2010.

If this post solved your problem, please click the Yes at the bottom of the page. If it helped out, please upvote it.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, having also wondered this as I just got Game Pass for PC simply because its such a good deal, here is what I found:

Despite installing the game into my E: drive, the .exe file is still located in my OS C: drive.

The address for Metro Exodus for example was;

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.11.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me

The application file has no icon or anything and trying to launch the game using this exe will display the error:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriete permissions to access the item.

I have the same problem with whatever game i install, you can not start or use the .exe of the game.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello patrickb1973

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to games not installing, if you could take a moment and please create a new thread detailing exactly what you've done to try and resolve the issue and what exactly is happening, that way we can tailor our support to you. At this time, however,  we will be locking this thread as this is an older post which was revived by a new post. 

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums. 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 493,092 Applies to: