Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues

Following the Microsoft press release  14 November 19:

"Update November 14:Following a request for comment alongside our original report, Microsoft has acknowledged issues reported with the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The platform holder has launched an investigation with aid from internal engineering teams, providing this statement to Windows Central on the matter:

At Microsoft, we put all of our products through rigorous quality assurance testing. However, like any hardware, there is the possibility that a small percentage of devices may experience issues. We are aware that a small number of users may be experiencing issues with the Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and are actively investigating with our engineering teams. We encourage any customers who experience issues with their hardware to contact Xbox Support."

Have the hardware issues with the controller been addressed by an reversion to the hardware?

What is the way to identify the hardware revision on the controller when making a purchase?

Look forward to a response.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There has been no further update on these issues. as stated in the press release users who do experience these issues should continue to contact support. 
Alpha Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When does Microsoft plan on releasing an update on the problems with the controller and fix?

I am a collector of console equipment and I do not want to be purchasing something that I don't use finding out many years later that the item purchased does not work.

I am probably not the only person in the same situation.

Look forward to your reply.

Thank you Regards

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got mine at xmas, and as yet I have no issues could be lucky.  It would be good to see a update to find out what happened 👍

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

so I read, one of the best controls that have been manufactured, but I also read the existence of problems, despite its high price

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are there any updates with this issue?

I am tired of creating threads with my bluetooth issue follow by moderator locking it and preventing it from being a real problem.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine is working fine so far, but sounds like a small percentage of people have issues.

If you have issues, report it or ask for replacement. They have 12 months warranty so get it replaced ASAP.

We only tend to hear about the people who had issues and not the vast majority who have none.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was thinking of purchasing one but am holding off until i hear less and less of these issues, also i am still using my series 1, i may end up waiting now until the series x releases as maybe there will be a series 3 released with any extra buttons that appear on that controller too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are Xbox Ambassador Microsoft employees? or just non Microsoft employees that modorate the forums?

In anyway, be nice to hear directly for a Microsoft employee what works in the xbox controller department for an update to the situation.

Yes, the controller might have 12 months warranty, but that is not going to help me if I am a collector. I want to be assured that the failure rate of the controller is is very low and not for event reported being around 10% - 1 in 10 controllers having a issue.

Hopefully we can hear an update on the situation / manufacturing response plan directly from form the department responsible.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There has been no further update on these issues. as stated in the press release users who do experience these issues should continue to contact support. 

Hi there,

I've already sent 4 controllers back with the same issue, how many times am I expected to contact support before getting a fully functional controller?  I'm really very dissapointed in the way microsoft takes care of this.

I've some questions:

1. Is there any chance whatsoever I can get a working one from the customer support in Frankfurt? 
2. Is there a way to report this to someone from microsoft who actually does care about a customer? 
3. Do they really send a new replacement or is it just a send back controller from someone else suffering the same faith, because, really, 4 times pff so F....G bad.

There is a megathread about it on reddit : 

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/drndrm/elite_controller_series_2_megathread/

There are many video's the show the exact same problem I've had with 4 controllers now.

Looking forward to an "TRUE" answer and not that BS like I've been hearing every time when I contact support, like :"I feel where you at" or "oh yes I really understand your situation or the most laughable:"I assure you we will send you a 100% working brand new controller".

I don't want to make this to personal but,  I feel robbed of my money here.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like I was lucky with my pre-ordered controller. I'm glad they acknowledged the problem at least.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2021 Views 11,645 Applies to: