Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10

I'm not sure the best way to explain this, but I'll try.  :)

My son plays MInecraft.  Used to be just PE on phones and tablets, but he now also has both Java edition and Windows 10 edition installed on our home PC.  On the PE version, I know that it's easy to log out of your Xbox Live account and into a different one.  (Sometimes, he'll want to play on my phone, so I'll log out of my Xbox Live account and into his on the Minecraft PE app on my phone.)  You simply choose Settings -- Profile -- and Sign Out of Your Microsoft Account -- and then sign into the other account.  Easy peasy.

In Minecraft Windows 10, we've found that there's not a "Sign Out of Your Microsoft Account" option under Settings -- Profile.  There *is* a "Manage Account" option, but, for some reason, nothing happens when we click on it.  Thus, we're stuck in the Xbox Live account that we'd originally signed in with.  No changing allowed, apparently.

Any thoughts on this?  Is this "working as expected"?  Or is it "user error"?  Is there some sort of a fix?

Thanks for your help!

I had the same issue with a game.  We had to delete it, then reinstall and when the box came up asking for the information, we logged her in instead of me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2023 Views 33 Applies to: