New XBOX Series Wireless Controller's trigger not working (PC/Bluetooth)

Hi!

I have encountered certain problems with the new wireless controller, so I'm hoping to get some help here.

I can successfully connect my controller via Bluetooth to my Windows PC, but it seems that both of the triggers (LT & RT) do not send any Input. I tested this in multiple games, checked in device's properties and tried using an emulator. None of these options picked up any input from the triggers. All other buttons and sticks work fine. My Windows is on the latest version, I don't have any anti-virus software installed. Unfortunately I don't have an USB-C cable, so I cannot update the controller itself, but considering the device is fresh out of the box I don't expect this to help either. 

At this point I don't have any further ideas for troubleshooting, so any input is appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

my issue might have been solved by updating win10 from 1903 to 1909.
there still remain some sort of checking because the names and profile settings look the same as before. But the Xbox Accessories can spot the controller now. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/my-new-xbox-series-xs-controller-cannot-be/9fd39269-7948-42de-bf89-db9473901da9

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Aasoo_

I have the exact same problem.

When you test the controller (found in the devices and printers section by right clicking on the controller icon, selecting game controller settings and opening up the window there)

the X and Y Axis (throttles LT and RT) is missing when connected to PC via bluetooth. Also the button mapping is messed up a bit. But when you plug the controller in via USB C then it appears again (X and Y axis). I believe windows needs to update either firmware on their controllers or run an update for windows to sort this error out. It’s frustrating I know but for now I’m wired till this is sorted. Everything is working fine in games over the wired connection. 
So maybe get a USB C cable for now. 

Is there a way of raising this issue with Microsoft? 

Hi!

I have encountered certain problems with the new wireless controller, so I'm hoping to get some help here.

I can successfully connect my controller via Bluetooth to my Windows PC, but it seems that both of the triggers (LT & RT) do not send any Input. I tested this in multiple games, checked in device's properties and tried using an emulator. None of these options picked up any input from the triggers. All other buttons and sticks work fine. My Windows is on the latest version, I don't have any anti-virus software installed. Unfortunately I don't have an USB-C cable, so I cannot update the controller itself, but considering the device is fresh out of the box I don't expect this to help either. 

At this point I don't have any further ideas for troubleshooting, so any input is appreciated.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue. 

Have someone tried updating windows as K.K.Ken did?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That actually worked perfectly for me. I've been struggilng with that same error for the whole day and now my controller works perfectly wirelessly just after the Windows update.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It was not working for me ethier

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried updating the controller using usb c cable and also i am on windows 20H4 version. The controller is showing in xbox accessories on bluetooth. All other game seem to be working fine except with Hitman 3 the controller trigger buttons will not work on bluetooth but only on cable. any other having the same problem ?

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hitman 3 tested with new xbox series x controler and ps5 controler over bluetooth LT isn't working on both 

Ps5 works over bluetooth using ds4windows no such tool for xbox 

Both work over usb c ok

Ds4windows tricks it to look like a usb connected xbox 360 controler 

As both work fine using USB C aswell problem seems to be Bluetooth with some games I might try a xbox wireless adapter instead 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, i hope there’s a fix for that. Its only working over cable. Makes me not being able to play on my OLED but only on monitor. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

With the new update of windows it works over bluetooth. Only issue now is that it does not support the 3,5mm headphone jack with microphone. No audio works through the xbox controller over bluetooth but through the usb c everything works. Atleast we have triggers working over bluetooth now

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What update is this? 

I already have the latest Windows updates 20h2 and  Intel bluetooth driver 20.10.0.2 from Windows update

plus from the Intel website I updated to driver 20.20.0.3

Same problem with hitman 3 no LT RT with bluetooth 

I have a new msi b550 unity motherboard with Intel wifi 6 Bluetooth built in so sold my usb WiFi  and Bluetooth for a xbox wireless adapter hopefully it's more compatible 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 5,522 Applies to: