Minecraft RTX beta does not show up in the Xbox Insider Hub

Hi all,

Thanks for clicking into this post.

Just posting this since I can't find any answer elsewhere, in addition to this, it's frustrating seeing quite a bit of reddit thread being closed by a reddit official, saying their questions are answered in the FAQ post while it's actually not.

The problem I've encountered is simple, the RTX beta does not show up in the Xbox Insider Hub even though I've signed up or the beta. It only shows a regular version of beta, not the RTX version. Please refer to the screenshot below.

I've read through the reddit thread and did the command prompt thing, with PowerShell. But it won't work out, because that method is supposed to fix Microsoft Store, not the xbox insider hub. Here is a link to that command prompt fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/g2ljbt/minecraft_rtx_beta_faqs/fnofvpx/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

I had an RTX 2070 Super, just to clarify this so surely it's not because my GPU doesn't support RTX.

I've updated my GPU driver to the newest (Nvidia 445.87), a clean install with DDU to make sure nothing's wrong. I've also updated my Windows all together to version 2004 (before I was using 1903, but RTX beta won't show up in that version of Windows as well. That's why I updated the Windows, hoping somehow, maybe, it will fix the problem. Apparently, it does not.) I've tried uninstalling the Xbox Insider Hub and reinstall it, also unenrolled the beta and re-join many times between different steps, but it doesn't help.

Anyone encounters the same problem?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Ryan,

It's been so long since your reply, but I got some good news for you. One of my friends, who also encountered the same problem of not having the RTX beta in the Insider Hub, told me how he fixed the problem. If you haven't done that already, you may give it a try!

So basically you need to change your system region, which you will find in Windows' Settings → Time & Language → Region. I switched from China to United Kingdom, then restarted the system, and the RTX Beta showed up in the Insider Hub.

Best wishes, good luck!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2021 Views 1,657 Applies to: