EA account wont link to Xbox account

Im trying to play EA Access games since they are now included with Gamepass for PC but it keeps telling me that my Xbox account is linked to a different EA account i dont remember linking it to any others but I tried looking for a way to unlink the EA account linked to my current xbox account but i couldnt find a way is there a way to unlink a currently linked EA account?

Edit: My EA account doesnt say its linked to my xbox account

If you had a previous account linking and it doesnt say "EA play with game pass" under settings-> my account -> my membership in EA Desktop app then I suggest

- Clicking Manage from the settings in EA Desktop app to go to the EA customer portal website and under Connections disconnect the xbox account

- Then log out of EA Desktop and exit both  apps

- Then install a EA game from xbox app 

It will log you into EA Desktop and link accounts giving "EA play with game pass" membership and start downloading from EA Desktop app

Note it says you can only ever link one xbox account to your EA account

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

N.B. please dont lock this thread yet like the other one with "any issues linking your xbox account with ea will have to be dealt with via ea support as microsoft dont have access to ea accounts."

The linking to enable EA Play with Game Pass is the joint responsibility of MS and EA and only works properly when newly initiated from the xbox app. Despite this feature being months late it's flaky and doesnt allow for a previous account linking for example.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i saw this as more of an microsoft issue since EA doesnt say anything about my account being linked and it should say somewhere what accounts are linked to your xbox account

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From the EA side go to ea.com or click Manage from settings in EA Desktop app and log in to EA Customer Portal

- then under "About Me" it will show the connected accounts but you cant unlink from there

- the connected account is also under "Connections" where it can be unlinked

Then start from scratch by logging out of EA desktop and exit both apps

Then try again to install a EA game from xbox app

Other things that help W10 xbox app probs is to reset the app from app properties and to sign out and back into your xbox live account

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 6,845 Applies to: