Xbox One Gold Member Rewards??? Really PS4 already getting some good free games for being PSN Plus Members....!!!! Xbox One & XBL don't let us down!

Not sure where to complain about this....or why i am complaining when, the chances of making something happen for paying Xbox Gold members is slim to none. 

In the past i have owned a Xbox 360 and a PS3. So i decided to get a Xbox One as an early adopter as i felt i was a good decision and would get the most for my $$$ and paying for my XBL Gold account. I am now questioning my decision as i see that PSN Plus members are going to be getting some decent PS3 downloadable titles for free tho month. 

I am hoping that XBL and Xbox One will note this and see what PSN Plus is doing and give us something even better. I am sure without a doubt that this is the console to have, please don't let the XBL community down and all the new Xbox One owners.

XBL Gold give us some games here; something to bite on, something to be exited about, something that says Xbox One is the best purchase ever and my XBL Gold account is worth every penny. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Things to be aware of:

1.  This console is still new with games being added to the collection

2.  PS + holders do get free games but they can only use them so long as they remain a PS + member.  Once they cancel they no longer have access to those games whereas Xbox owners get to keep the games they are given.

3.  Major Nelson has stated that the Free to Gold service that gives 2 free games per month will be expanding to the Xbox One in 2014.  We'll just have to be patient until we get a good enough collection that they can do this for us.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Onyx is spot on! You can see Major Nelson's tweet confirming the Games with Gold news here. I hope you've been enjoying the Games with Gold program on Xbox 360 so far; there have been some great games included. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Live Gold offers an array of benefits as a service that differentiates it from PS+. As mentioned, Games With Gold will extend to XBO, which already gets you free games. Live lets you use your multimedia apps to stream content to your user, gives you exclusive access to demos and discounts on items, and it maintains a small army of people to be available to support/enforce on your behalf. When considering all the benefits of Gold, think about how much further it reaches than just games and I hope you'll feel better about the value.

And if not, as Major Nelson mentioned, a few more free games in 2014 might change your mind ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually agree with the original post. Xbox 360 owners not only get games with gold, but they also got all kinds of huge discounts and promotions for Christmas and New years. Yet, those of us loyal enough to fork over $500-$1000 to jump onto the Xbox One train on Day One get shafted. "Thanks for buying our new console on Day One, as our thanks, enjoy NO discounts, deals or promotions while the guys and girls playing on 8 year old consoles get all kinds of discounts and freebies."

Sorry this didn't help.

The console just came out, you can't expect them to give you discounts on new games, just wait a month or so and it will begin to happen.

Sorry this didn't help.