Unable to register for the offered game

I purchased Xbox 360 on 28th Feb 2013 and there was an offer for 10 games. The sales person promised that I may register till 10 days after purchasing of the console. However, I am unable to register for the free game after 5th day of the purchase of the console. (5th March 2013)

The same sales person now states that I will not receive the free games at the moment as I have not registered for the game on 28th Feb 2013. I am completely helpless at the moment, 

Please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Oh dear!  That sounds like absolutely no good at all. We'll do our best to get it sorted for you if we can.  Do you know the exact name of this offer?  Was it through a particular retailer?  The more details you can  us, the better we can do to figure this out!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Doesn't make any difference, I registered on 5th Feb and yet to receive the games. All I get is..........

"This has reference to your submission on the XBOX redemption site for freebies. Thank you for your patience.

We apologize for the wrong mail are sent due to some system error. Now the correct set of freebies which are pending are as below.

We would like to apologize for the delay which has been caused in shipping the committed Halo ODST, Mass Effect 1, Gunstringer DVD + Fruit Ninja DLC,   freebies to you. We are currently facing issues on stock for this particular title and our new shipment is expected to come in another two weeks.  We do understand that you would be extremely keen to play the game on your new console and this delay would be frustrating.

As soon as above freebies shipment lands with us, we would also send that across to you.

For any queries, please feel free to email us on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Warm Regards,

The Xbox India Team

"

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine,

Thank you for looking into this query. The offer was called 'Xbox Jan - Feb offer'. However, it was not through a particular retailer. I may send the invoice if required.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, yeah, we don't need the invoice itself, but as many details as you can about the offer will help!  Like, where did you see it advertised?  Are there any websites you have the link to?

@ShrubbyStew64: hey there!  Sorry to hear you're in a similar boat.  This was a promotion in India?  

Sorry this didn't help.

The store had the offer advertised. Moreover, the offer info was in Xbox offer page as well. The link has been removed from India web page. This offer was for India. I have a screenshot of the promo page, I may mail that if required.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure!  Can you please post that page?  You can blur out any personal information as needed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine,

I am unable to past the screenshot and the offer page has expired. The offer was on the page www.microsoft.com/.../Xbox360offers

you may use the URL http://archive.org/web/web.php to go back to February and check the offer that was available earlier.

Sorry this didn't help.

Gotcha, thanks!  OK we're looking around to get some more info on this for you.  While we look, can you describe exactly what happened when you tried to register?  And who it was that you spoke with about this?  The more details the better! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine,

Sorry for the delay in the response. When I tried registering the product, I got the message that offer has expired. This issue was discussed with Shoaib, who claimed to be an client manager for Microsoft sales and he was of no help. His mail address: [Mod Removed]

Please help. (I am loosing hope and I feel that I have been cheated by the retailer and Microsoft.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine,

Is there any thing that may be done to get my freebies?

Please help.

Sorry this didn't help.