Unable to re-new my gold membership! error 801901F7

Im having trouble re-newing my gold membership, all my credit card details are correct and when i go to "confirm purchase" it always comes up with error 801901F7! this is getting really annoying, i also didnt realise that every time i would retry to confirm payment (with a failed outcome) it deducts $2 FROM MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT ME KNOWING EVERYTIME!!! i am trying to use the $2 for 2 months promotion that comes up on the xbox dashboard. The support team are not very helpful either, they keep saying check the credit card details are correct, or go to account.live.com (not helpful at all!) etc and they dont explain what the error actually means?.... i am sure that we cant do anything to fix it. Please fix this soon its getting rediculous!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello there I Heart Mufasa:  I am sorry for the inconvience your having let me see if I can help you a little bit. First thing is do you think you can check http://billing.microsoft.com to see if there are any errors there. If there are no problems there can you try removing your payment option and re-adding it to see if this helps at all. If that dosen't work can you please try and changing payment methods to see if it works then and if it dosen't please call 1800-4MY-XBOX and ask for Billing and they should be able to sort it out for you. I hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I Heart Mufasa, odd question but have you tried renewing the membership through the xbox.com website? Also does the card work everywhere else? If you tried running it several times the bank might have seen that as malicious activity and put a freeze on it. The only other issue I've had with credit cards is not necessarily that the proper info is in place but the way it is presented. I've seen some cards not be accepted because I put in Ln instead of Lane.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.