Ultimate Game Sale issue - Overcharged when using MS Points

Hey guys,

Purchased El Shaddai during the Ultimate Game Sale, which is supposed to be $2.99.  I jumped on that without a second thought, but after the transaction, noticed that I had actually been charged 480 points.  Now it may be my fault for not double checking at the time of checkout, but still, the price is incorrrect. 

I spoke with Mark S. at Customer Service who saw the problem and offered that there was a fine detail in the small print noting that sales are for credit card purchases only.  But El Shaddai is more than 480 pre-sale, and also, he couldn't find this stipulation during our chat.  He then told me that the sale is US only.  Not the case.  I've even snapped a pic with my phone showing the sale price on my dash (Canadian account).

His last piece of advice was to reach out to the Promotions Team via the forums, so, here I am!  Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated guys! 

Thanks for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Same for me, too.  Except I purchased Rayman Raving Rabbids.  Even chatted to the same Mark S.  Looking for some customer service love.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well Mark is a liar all games are supposed to be dropped in price. Simple as doesn't matter the currency. They are not actually allowed to do that by law (at least in Ireland). I will point out however, this is not an isolated incident. Although most games you will notice the corresponding $ value and msp value match, for some reson a good few of them don't. This isn't right ms...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  Thanks for posting!  OK, so lemme make sure I'm following: you saw it on sale for $2.99, and at checkout it was listed as 480 MSP, and that's what it was purchased for, yeah?  Sales can indeed be different depending on the purchase method, hence the confirmations are presented at checkout.  So there wouldn't be a lot that could be done about it at this point.  But, if you were shown a confirmation price of 240 and charged the 480, you would absolutely want to get in contact with a billing agent about that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Miss Ermine -

That's completely the answer I expected.  Not the one I'd hoped for, but the one I expected.  While sales can be different, as you said, in this case the difference was obviously a mistake originating on MS part.  

However - legally you are right, I confirmed the price at the purchase.  Still, goodwill would be nice.

I guess what i'm saying is: Yes, I know it's my fault I spent double what I intended.  But, Please?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey StewedHam! Miss Ermine's answer here is correct, at this point, if you'd like to discuss it further you'd need to reach out to phone support again. You can request a call by following the prompts on our contact us page! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

This is so ridiculous you are telling me that MS is trying to squeeze every penny out of their customer. This is just another way for MS to show their customer we are nothing more than a money pit opposed to loyal customers! It is truly a smack in the face to all customers the saddest issue is if MS gets away with small things like this they will continue to try and get over again. When I first got xbox live gold 2-3 yrs ago they had a promo where i'd get two games and 1200 ms points I received the points but was told that the game promo expired... My wife verified that the promo was still going on when live was purchased oh well that's MS for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have a specific support issue, you should create a thread so that we can tailor our reponses and suggestions to your specific support issue. There really is no reason to drudge up an old thread.

Sorry this didn't help.