Special request from an "old timer"

I have been an XBOX Live Gold subscriber from the beginning of the service (I was even a beta tester before it went live.)  I received this year's renewal notice for LIVE via email.  I asked my son if he still wanted it.  He said "I would love it but it hasn't worked for years."  I did a little investigating only to find out that LIVE was discontinued for the XBOX v1 years ago.  However, I have continued to pay for the service unaware that it no longer worked with our console.  I asked him why he never said anything to me and he was afraid that there was something wrong with the console and he didn't want me to "throw it away" knowing that we had "more important things to pay for" and wouldn't be able to buy a new 360.  (much more considerate than I would have been when I was his age)  When I asked him how he was watching Netflix on our TV he told me that he was doing it via our Wii and that is why the picture looked so terrible.  I had always thought he was using the "new" XBOX Netflix service.

I contacted LIVE support to ask for either a "credit" of some kind in the amount that I have been paying (for a service that couldn't be used) towards the purchase of a new 360 or to cancel the service.  He informed me that he was unable to provide any kind of refund aside from canceling the upcoming renewal.  He recognized that I have been a subsriber from the beginning and pointed out to me that I was the first person he had spoken to who was still paying for LIVE on a v1 XBOX.  He then asked me if I had received a 10th anniversary email informing me that I would be receiving a 360 in the mail for being such a long time customer.  I told him that I do not recall seeing any sort of email.  He then said that it would have been mailed to my address on record regardless of me seeing the email and that it was a month ago so I probably wasn't on "the list."  I asked him to hold off cancelling my account in hopes that I would be able to make a special request of the promotions department.  He informed me that he didn't have an email address for promotions and that I should post my request on the forum.  

So, in hopes that my message will be noticed by the moderators of this forum and because I would really love to reward my son for being so considerate of our finances by giving him a new 360 for Christmas, I would like to make a request to be considered for this 10th anniversary free XBOX 360 promotion or receive some kind of credit (for the unusable subscription that I have been paying) towards the purchase of a new 360.  We just can't afford to purchase one for him this year without some kind of help.  I would also be able to justify keeping our XBOX Live Gold subscription since it would now be usable.

Thank you for your time. 

I also request that the non-moderators reading this post please don't post the usual sarcastic comments.  It is embarrassing to have to ask for help and I recognize that there are much more important things in the world to be concerned with.  I just want to be able to reward my son for his mature and considerate behavior.  I also recognize that there other ways to reward him as well.  I just thought this would be the perfect way to say thank you to him.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The only information they had available for these consoles was on Major Nelson's blog (that's what the Contact Us page had listed almost a month back now). They didn't give any sort of specifics on who got the consoles. Although, I do know that not everyone received these consoles simply for being a member for 10 years.

They don't have any other contact information, other than what's on the blog on folks who were chosen, or criteria to receive a console.

As far as the billing issue is concerned that would be something you'd need to exclusively speak with Xbox Support via phone about.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the response.  Who should I contact and how should I contact them?

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Chasel! I'm sorry for any confusion, but Forum Support isn't in charge of sending these consoles out, nor are we able to make any special arrangements as such. I'm sorry for the billing issue, and hopefully everything will get sorted out to the best of our abilities with phone support. I hope this helps answer your questions, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.