Need some help with recent giveaway

I've been an X-Box Live gold member for almost 9 years. I always had the same email address associated with my account. Recently, my internet service provider was purchased by another company. This forced me to create a new email address as I would lose access to my old one on November 1st. In early October, I switched my Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID) to my new email address. For the rest of October I still received emails from XBox at my old email address. On November 1st, that account was deactivated and I have no way to access it anymore. I still have not received any emails from XBox at my new email address.

In early November, I started hearing from people about XBox giving away XBox Ones, games, and codes. I contacted MS via chat and phone and was assured that my current email address is the one they have on file even though I have not received any emails at it. They also told me that they had no control over the emails and could not resend any emails to my current address.

Yesterday, November 11th, I received a message from XBox on my console saying that I had won and to check the email associated with my account. I still have not received a single email from XBox at the email address that MS is telling me is associated with my account. How am I supposed to be able to claim my prize when I can't get Microsoft to send my emails to my correct, updated address? Will I have to forfeit my prize because I had to change my email address? Even if I cannot claim this prize, what do I have to do to get Microsoft to use my correct email address in the future?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i would change to your old email since it seems thats where you are getting all the emails

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not really sure what you'll be able to do about this.  Did the message on the console not include a phone number to call as well as a one time use code for the call?

You could try posting to @xboxsupport on Twitter to see what they suggest.

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

529Black- Switching to an email that no longer exists is not a viable option.

Onyx62- No, the console message only told me what I had won and to check the email associated with my account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Changing your Microsoft Account email doesn't necessarily update your contact email.  To update your contact email, one easy method is sign into your console, make sure you're connected to LIVE, go to Settings --> Account --> Billing Information.  Whatever email you put in there is the one Xbox will use to contact you regarding notifications of renewal, cancels, purchases, etc.., and may also be the email they use for contests.  I'm not sure how one would go about resending that email.  Maybe now that you've received a notification on your console, you could call Xbox Support again, see if they have anything on record, something they could resend to your updated contact email.  If not, maybe they could send a ticket up through the ranks?  Worth a shot.

Sorry this didn't help.

The message i recieved over live contained both a phone number & reference number.Would think yours would to.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tenure isn't nessarily mean you qualify mags on the console will provide a code

Sorry this didn't help.

If the message you received did not contain a phone number or reference number then perhaps you got a thank you message with a free gift of a game which would be emailed to you in the form of a redeemable code.  This would not be sent out until the 22nd.  

I would definitely get in touch with either @xboxsupport or phone support to fix the issue with the email address.

You could also try clicking the My Account link in the top right of this page and then look for the Contact Preferences link to adjust the email Xbox uses to contact you.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Park! Let's check a few things on your account.

First off, look in your spam/junk folder to make sure Xbox emails aren't being filtered out. Some email filters are stronger than others - I know I've had to mark some of mine as "not spam" several times!

Next, check your Contact Preferences to see what email you have listed for promotional content. This is located in the "My Account" section of xbox.com.

No need to post any personal info here. Just want to make sure it's all accurate on your end. =) 

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not to late make sure your email address is current. That email was to tell you you will getting one. The email with codes coming later. Just make sure your email address is current. If you are suppose to get 1 you will.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Misses Joust-

Its not in my spam folder. My email settings are very light and spam is delivered to my Inbox with a spam tag in front of the subject line.

My Contact Preferences page has the correct email address listed.

This isn't a new development, I have not received a single email since switching my MS account. Its been over a month now. No rewards statement, no weekly XBox emails, nothing. The giveaway adds to the frustration because I actually won something but I'm not receiving any emails from MS now.

Sorry this didn't help.