Microsoft Reneging on Promotional Offers

I took Microsoft up on their offer to re-up my XBOX Live Gold subscription in February and get a free copy of one of three games, and was told that I would receive an email telling me how to claim my game. After not having received anything, I contacted support, and after being passed around for a week was eventually told that the promotion had ended, and since I hadn't called to question the missing email and game quickly enough, I can now not expect to receive my promised promotion, or any other kind of recourse. 

What this essentially amounts to is Microsoft saying "hey, you paid our inflated premium for XBL, but we don't have to honor the promotion despite the fact that WE didn't send YOU the information needed to claim it , and there's nothing you can do about any of it, so *** you". Completely unacceptable, and I gather I'm not the only one who this has happened to. I urge anyone who is in this situation to kick up as big of a stink as they can about it, and spread the word to anyone who is considering getting an XBOX that they can expect this kid of treatment from Microsoft, and they should go with a PS3 or Wii instead, which is what I intend to do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you did not receive the e-mail you are still due the game. Contact support, advise them to check your billing comments to see if there is any record of an e-mail being sent. If there is no record, you are still eligible for the game.

However, there is a 45 day offer expiration, which means if you HAVE received the e-mail and you failed to action it, you will not be able to avail fof the game.

And a word of advice, that offer goes along with a DISCOUNT. Over inflated? No. There is a reason why 77 Million of Xbox users details haven't been hacked. Get your priorities straight and stop whining like a little ***.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

While I appreciate your condescending and childish attempt at help to my problem, what you fail to note is that I have already been told that I have no recourse under any circumstances. I have been told that despite no email being sent out, it is somehow my fault for not complaining quickly enough, and they will not honor the promotion.

Also, I was charged the full sixty dollars for the XBL gold service, so your weak assertion that I should somehow be grateful for the privellige of getting screwed falls apart in light of that.

Is it a hobby for you to insult people who are having legitimate issues with XBL, or does Microsoft pay you to shill for them?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.