Invalid tag?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. On the main page of xbox.com there's a promotion going in for the music, tv amd movie apps on xbox live. Here there is also a contest of a sort where you can win 12 month gold membership and free lovefilm instant. I'm unable to enter this as it keeps saying my gamertag is not valid? When I tried a different tag though it worked fine. Am wondering why it wouldn't let me enter on my gamertag though. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be lovely. x

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Elf! I'm not seeing this ad when I visit Xbox.com. Could you provide me a screenshot for it?

Also, make sure that your account region is correct and matches your physical region. You can double check this on https://billing.microsoft.com. Then, make sure the website is set to show for that same region. Check in the bottom left corner of the webpage and check if the country name shows up there. If it's wrong, click it and pick the correct region from the list.

Let me know if that helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi! Thanks for your response. I'm unable to take a screenshot (using a phone browser) but the URL is www.xboxcompetition.com/.../en-gb.html you can access this fron xbox.com, under the ad that says MOVIES, MUSIC & TV unlocked 20 -23. Sorry if that's not too helpful. when you enter 'Pet Elf' there it says that the tag is not valid. Unless it has something to do with the browser I'm using?

I've also checked the region setting in both my account information and xbox.coom, they both say United Kingdom.

Sorry this didn't help.

link not working.. the exact thing it says in ad is 'Movies tv &music unlocked for everyone all weekend 20-23 april', click that and scroll to enter now under 'Win a year of lovefilm instant and xbox live gold'.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, that is odd. Maybe this promotion doesn't start taking entries until the Free Weekend starts (20th). Can you try again tomorrow and, if it doesn't work throughout the day, post back here and let us know. Also, if you have any local friends who are having trouble, let them know to post here as well. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.