I get "We don't recognize the computer you're using" when trying to log into my Xbox account.

On Xbox.com, I can log into my account perfectly fine. Then I click "Redeem Code" and I'm greeted with the following message:

"We don't recognize the computer you're using.

To access this content, please sign in on a computer that's connected to your account.
  • **MY COMPUTER NAME**
We're sorry, but we want to make sure that nobody else is getting into your account."
The problem is, I haven't owned that computer for a while. I added my phone # and alternate email to my account settings, but I'm told that the changes won't be applied for 30 days. Honestly, why can't I log into my Xbox account on the laptop that I've owned for two years? The first thing I installed was Windows Live Essentials, and I've used MSN messenger almost every single day since then. And now I'm told that my machine isn't recognized?
Can anyone please help? I just want to redeem a code.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey, I did a quick Google search and found that a similar question has been asked. Refer to this thread: forums.xbox.com/.../263082.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, ploogle. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Please definitely try the steps that Mister Barakus verified in the thread Danimal posted. Let us know if that helps resolve the issue! Thanks in advance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.