Got 600 points for renewing Xbox Live, but giving me error when I try to redeem

Hello,

I recently received an e-mail letting me know that when I subscribed to another year of XBox Live, I got 600 points that I could redeem.  However, when I click the "Get your free gift" link, I get the following error on the Redeem Code page:

An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.

There has been an ongoing issue with my xbox live account for over a year now where I can't add a subscription or points online, only via the XBox interface.  Tried calling a while back, and the support people were supposed to look into the issue and get back with me on it (but, of course, never did).

Is there any way I can get this looked into and figured out since these issues seem to be more then just random?

Brielle

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Thanks for that! Let's try this: send me a PM (envelope icon below my post) with the URL that the button should be taking you to (can you right click and copy URL there?) and let me take a look at that. Maybe I can figure out how to "unbreak" the link for you. I look forward to your PM, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for responding back to me. 

A screen shot of the mail is here

It does not have any code in the body, but rather a link through click.engage.xbox.com which will bring up the redeem code page with the code already entered.

I've tried on three separate computers (Mac and PC), using both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8/9, same result on each one.

-- Brielle Bruns

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Brielle! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the email. The wording you describe here doesn't sound familiar. Can you take a screenshot of the body of the email and send me a link so I can see what you're seeing? Is the code not written in the email?

Also, please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and then try the link again. You could also try it in a different browser to see if that helps. Let me know if that works, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I received the same error.  Should be so simple to get the points.  Anyone have a solution?

Sorry this didn't help.