Get more Gears 3 promotional email

So I recieved this email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** saying that they were giving me free 160 microsoft points.

The code was a bunch of pink Xs and obviously invalid.

http://view.engage.xbox.com/?j=fe9015797063037d77&m=feca167070610c7c&ls=fe20177670600174741377&l=feb81c7877610d7a&s=fe2511787c61057e771273&jb=ffce15&ju=fe5c17757c6d007d7410&uid=189347776&tid=&r=0

The email read: 

Get more for your games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace | View as web page

Get more from Gears of War 3. Download new multiplayer maps, new weapon skins—even gear for your avatar.

All you need to make a purchase from Xbox LIVE®(R) Marketplace is Microsoft®(R) Points. And we're giving you 160 free points to get started.* Just redeem the code below to get your points: 

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

The Gears of War 3 Forces of Nature Map Pack adds five new multiplayer maps, four new multiplayer characters, and 250 more Gamerscore.**

Dress your avatar in Gears-themed attire. Suit up in Cog Armor, control an RC Silverback, and more.

To get your points from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the web:
1. Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account.
2. Select Redeem Code from the My Xbox®(R) menu.
3. Enter your code.

Blood and Gore
Intense Violence
Strong Language

Microsoft Studios | Jobs | Forums | Español |  Newsletter |  Mobile | Xbox.com

* Game sold separately. One-time-use code valid for named recipient of this email in the 50 United States (including Washington, D.C.), ages 18 and older. Code is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. Code must be redeemed and Microsoft Points must be used by 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time on December 31, 2012.

** Online multiplayer requires Xbox LIVE Gold membership; sold separately.

If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from Xbox, you may opt out in one of the following ways: 1) update your contact preferences here, 2) select Privacy Settings under Edit Gamer Profile on your Xbox 360 console, 3) select the Info Sharing option in Account Management for the Original Xbox LIVE Dashboard, or 4) reply to this email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preferences are reflected in our system. You may still receive previously initiated promotional communications from Xbox during that time.

To set your contact preferences for other Microsoft communications, click here. These settings will not affect any mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Microsoft services.

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

©(C) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

So how do I go about redeeming this code?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi there l2RDO! Have you had any other correspondence from this email address?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, this was the first thing I've ever recieved from this email. I've looked around and found many people that have received similar emails with the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the info Do! Can you let us know what date you received this email on? We'll look into it and see what's going on here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I received the email on June 25, 2012 around 9:30pm EST.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks l2RDO! I've sent you a Forum PM with more info!

Sorry this didn't help.