Free Xbox 360 game disc with first time Gold subscription

Promotion: Free Xbox 360 game disc with first time Gold subscription
Date: 3/11/11
Promo Item(s): Halo Reach, Fable III, etc

It has been over 8 weeks. I received no e-mail to select a game to ship.

Not a good way to start off with a new customer

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

@DomoKunR0X - Could you send me a PM on these forums with more info about the promo you signed up for? I'd like to see what we can do for you. :)

To send a PM, please click the little envelope icon below my post. Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Nordcron - I don't know your entire situation but if you believe that you were wronged in regards to the offer you are speaking about perhaps you should send a pm to either Mister Gwyther or Mister Fitzer to see if they can sort you out.

Sorry this didn't help.

@onyx62is- Yes, you may be right.  Perhaps the customer did not read everything first and do everything exactly as the terms of the offer state.  I did read every line of text associated with this offer, and made sure not only to do everything correctly, but also to immediately call the Xbox Live team and make sure there was nothing else I needed to do other than wait.  Look deeper.  When you call to ask about the status the first thing they do is to ask a whole barrage of questions geared towards finding some fault with the way you enrolled.  That's fine, I expect that, but then even if they verify that you have done everything correctly they still will not send you a game because (quote) "the promotion has ended and we have no more copies to send out."  If you look at this a different way, you'll see that before the rep even picks up the phone, they're already aware of the fact that the decision has been made to not send out any more copies of the promotional games.  Thus, the only point of all the questions they ask is to find a resolution that makes it look like the customer's fault instead of theirs, or to have the customer give up after multiple calls.  But since the fault of the customer, or lack thereof, has no effect on the actual outcome, I propose that this entire process is simply a ruse to minimize damages in the wake of a terrible customer relations decision.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Onyx62is A couple days back he spammed that same post on all of the Free Game Promo threads so just ignore him altogether.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Nordcron - the OP did not get scammed.  He did not order the offer properly.  He should have ordered it online from the purchase area.  What he did was go and buy a prepaid card and enter the code in from that.  This is not a scam.  It is the fault of the user who did not read the terms of what he was wanting to purchase correctly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, but you got scammed.  I had a similar experience.  If you call before the 8-10 weeks is up, the reps tell you that they can't tell you anything about when you might receive it and to just call after the 10 weeks if you haven't received it.  When you call after the 10 weeks are up, they tell you that you should have called more often and that since you didn't you forfeited your right to receive the game.  If you keep pressing them, they'll tell you that the offer is expired and that Microsoft does not have any more copies of any of the games for the promotion.  If you ask them for a digital copy of the game, or for a refund of XBox Live, they will refuse.  They don't mind spending 3 hours on the phone over 5 different calls, but they definitely mind living up to their side of the bargain.

I know, I've been through all this.  Here's what I finally told the representative, and what I plan to do- I refuse to renew XBox Live from this point on.  I refuse to purchase any materials from the XBox Live Marketplace.  I will buy all games used from this point on, because I know how this impacts their profit.  And I will blog about this experience in half a dozen places.  XBox will lose a couple thousand in revenue just from me, as I have a lot of people on my Christmas list and buy about 20 games a year.  And I'm hoping that others will follow my example, and that such short sighted business practices will be justly rewarded.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only promotion that allows you to buy a membership card towards a promotion is xbox rewards no other promotion allows it

Sorry this didn't help.

The payment method screen does not change with promotions however nothing can be done because you did not purchase the promotion or meet the conditions of the promotion

Sorry this didn't help.

That's not a contradiction if you actually read the terms and conditions lol. You have to purchase the promotion not add time. a prepaid membership card is not a purchase that's adding time to your membership.

Only by buying the promotion can you get the membership the discount only applies to creditcard purchases where would they return the 20 or so percent off ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Heres an update to this thread.

I called support and spoke to someone about the offer. The gist of what our conversation was like was like this.

"You must have not subscribed by signing up with the dashboard promotion"

My answer: Yes, I did. I made absolutely sure that I did so I can receive the game disc. I saw the promotion. Went to buy a gold subscription card, and came back to sign up in the appropriate area.

"Yeah, you signed up in the wrong place. You can't use a prepaid card for promotion"

My answer: Well, thats completely contradictory to what exactly happened. I pushed the sign up for the promotion, and continued, then it asked what payment option I wanted to continue with. I redeemed the code right there within the payment options and that was the end of it.

"The promotion needs you to use a credit card" and I quote here "because the card is on an auto renewal unless the user removes it"

My answer: Then why did it give me the option to use a prepaid Gold card?

"I don't know"

So theres nothing you can offer me?

"No, I'm sorry.

I would much rather have the game. That was the whole point, but you can't give me another game? Give me another year of Gold? I feel absolutely jipped out of a game.

"I understand your frustration, but we can't offer anything"

Wow, is all I can say.

I really hope someone online here can help me.

Sorry this didn't help.