free Halo 3

I was told by support I can request Halo 3 free game here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello,

This will be apart of the Games with Gold promotion. Microsoft hasn't announced which month this game will be included in so you'll need to wait to find out when that will be free for gold members.

Currently the only free games if you're a gold member are Crackdown (August 1st-15th - if you didn't download this you missed out on it), and starting today (16th-30th/31st) you'll get Dead Rising 2 + Case Zero DLC. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Some time this year :)

Sorry this didn't help.

There will be a game released on the 1st and the 16th each month until December. The games can be found under featured via the games blade on the Xbox dashboard.

Keep your eyes peeled for Halo 3

Sorry this didn't help.

Mrerb, that's not true. I downloaded Assassinb's Creed III for free as a Gold member but according to the site, that was only the second free game offered. The first was Halo 3. I also downloaded Crackdown and Dead Rising

Sorry this didn't help.

The Halo 3 game was the first free game offered. Assassin Creed III was second, then Crackdown, then Dead Rising. I have the last three but missed out on Halo 3. I was told by support I can still get it

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo 3 has not been offered as part of the free games yet, so you haven't missed it. Fable 3 was the first game in June, then Defence Grid and Assassin's Creed in July.

You can follow majornelson.com to see when it will be free (and you can also look back through his posts and see that Halo 3 hasn't been available yet).

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the official press release:

“As a message of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member — new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month starting July 1 until Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold will receive a free download of “Fable III.”[3] In addition, for a limited time gamers can get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play “Killer Instinct: Round One,” with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.”

There will be a game released on the 1st and the 16th each month until December. The games can be found under featured via the games blade on the Xbox dashboard.

To download the game please remember to change your payment method to Microsoft points by press x when confirming the message – this should change the value of the game to free.

The announcement clearly states that they are ‘kicking off the program’ with the announcement of those two games.

Sorry this didn't help.

good. If Fable 3 was the first game then I didn't miss out as I already have that game. Looking forward to Halo 3! Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Later this year Halo 3 will become available for everyone to download free it was shown at E3. Just wait and it will show up soon enough.

Sorry this didn't help.