flash player

hi all yes i would say the same flash player is needed for xbox live for one thing facebook needs it to play there games  as xbox is part of windows in one way  lots of people play bubble witch saga and  other flash games it would be grat to have the change opp out  to that farmat when  we say would help with xbox  I must admit ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

While I do agree flash should be supported, pretty much all of the other platforms out there also do not support flash.  It could have something to do with the access to free content with flash, in that for whatever reason none of the companies want you spending time on games that are not made for the consoles themselves...

Also, I would assume there may be a license cost in order to allow flash to run on the consoles, where as on PC it seems to be free. (though, probably paid, through the cost of windows).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there!

Unfortunately, you can't play flash content on the Xbox browser and it is unlikely there will be an update for it's inclusion.

Flash is being replaced for newer web technologies, namely HTML5 (which is supported by the Xbox so you can view things such as YouTube). This will take a few years however to become the standard.

Also, this is more of a suggestion than something supports help would be needed for. There is a forum for suggestion located here if you wish to post more suggestions

Sorry this didn't help.

That's the whole point, kinda rolled up in one ball, Microsoft doesn't want anyone playing FB games on the 360, when they could be playing, or accessing 360 content. Also, even if they implemented flash FB games would be the last thing on earth they would ever support. FB games are coded like garbage, they are constantly crashing, they're memory hogs, and for friends of friends who play such games it's annoying, (all the invite, and game content, posting crap). Plus, the exact same scenario would be played out a million times a day: crappy FB game would crash constantly, like usual, and even though FB gamers would swear otherwise, guess who would be *** @ Microsoft all day, and night; even though it has nothing 2 do with them. Then the 360, etc, would start getting a bad name, which in turn would severely impact sales, and all for an issue that is not even their problem.

The best part would be the fact that FB games would crash the 360, etc. (just like they do to computers), and once again Microsoft would get named, and the system would be called crap. That is exactly why FB, Twitter, even YouTube, etc. are so scaled down, and barely like the computer versions, because Microsoft doesn't need, or want the hassle of having to deal with other companies problems, (and I believe it was also already pointed out, licensing deals would also be a pain in the ***).

I actually have a perfect, personal experience that speaks to what I'm saying. I use YouTube a lot on my 360, and almost like clock work, YouTube crashes my 360 40% of the time that I use YouTube.

The same kind of thing is the reason why it took so long for the 360 to get a browser, (even though everyone else had it right out of the box). It's a pain in the ***, then you need to worry about security, (which would be out of control if the browser was flash enabled, because flash is notorious for their security issues. But @the end of the day it's just not worth it, look @ IE as it is now, it runs like garbage, looks like crap, and the functionality is pathedic, (IMO, I believe pressure is the only reason Microsoft implemented IE, because they new better, but the people got what the people wanted).

Sorry this didn't help.

It has nothing to do with facebook, it has to do with Flash itself being unstable and far too easy to hack.

Give it a few years and no one will be using flash anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.