First month of gold free on renewing subscription promotion did not function.

Promotion is here : https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions?Campaign=gff-live-welcome-offer

Upon filling all the information out, putting in a payment method, and clicking confirm on the last screen, It asked me for a security code from my email again, and upon putting it in, took me to the normal join xboxlive gold page, with the regular payment plans listed. Did not credit me with my gold status, or free month.

Is this normally something you have to wait for? Or is something wrong and the deal screwed me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 103 Applies to:

I can't view that link (already a Gold member) but normally Microsoft has about a 4 week turn-around time on promotions like these.  I'm sure support will come by shortly and respond with a definitive answer.  If you don't feel like waiting you can always call (800)4-MYXBOX or use the chat app on this site to speak one on one with a representative.

You can log-in to http://commerce.microsoft.com and see if you were billed if that is any help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Premise was that the first month isn't billed anyway, and no, nothing was deducted from my card. (If they wait a month to turn this around, does this mean they basically start billing me then anyway, counting the free month from the date I filled it out? I was hoping this would be more or less instant, the way punching in a 12 month card was... IT was to tide me over until I could pick up another card, in somewhere between 1 week and 3 from now, depending on work situations.

Now I have to worry about them taking money and wasting it when I get the card. Ah well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Aura,

You are correct, that deal should have applied instantly and given you Gold. It sounds like there was an error in the session. I would try applying for that promo again through that link.

If your membership did not process, which it hasn't since you are still silver it won't charge your card. Even when you sign up it won't charge your card until the free month has passed and the auto-renew kicks in (you can cancel auto-renew as soon as you sign up for Gold). You can also double-check commerce.microsoft.com just to confirm that the first promo membership did not go through and that your card won't be charged.

Please let us know if you're able to get that promo to go through on round two. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Second run through, appears to be successful. No idea what went wrong the first time. Sorry to cause trouble for this. Am surprised it was still free, I was told it was only free the first time, and it's a 5 dollar renewal (1 month) offer thereafter. But I should have a card by the time it runs out. Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome Aura, That is weird that the first session bugged out but I'm really glad you were able to take advantage of that promo!

Happy Gaming! 

Sorry this didn't help.