crappy hotmail deleted my killer instinct code! day 8 of trying to resolve this issue

after buying my xbox1 i went to my inbox to get my code only to find it was no longer in my inbox, ive spent over a week trying to resolve this with xbox support, microsoft support, xbox live rewards support etc. microsoft and xbox.com repeatedly told me it was through xbox live rewards,knowing this to be pure rubbish i tried to tell them it was from xbox live ,NOT rewards only for them to repeat it was a rewards problem and had nothing to do with them even though they own hotmail which caused all this grief and could have easily checked my history and resent the code seeing as they own xbox.com aswell but that would be too simple...not one support rep had any idea what i was talking about which is nothing new if you read ANY of the reviews for xbox/microsoft support online, this issue has wound me up so much i havent even touched my xbox1 which is basicly a £500 remote to turn my tv on I have been a loyal xbox customer for over 10 years and  I am seriously considering trading in my 360 and xbox 1 to get a ps4 simply because if they give you something free you actually receive it and if theres any problems a simple email will resolve it, as you can tell I am far from pleased with the utterly incompetent responses from microsoft support reps and would like this resolved ASAP.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Was the code also sent to your email associated with the gamertag?  Be sure to also check your spam folders.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ive tried that, its gone even though i rarely ever delete emails and have mail going back to about 2010 but its conveniently deleted the one email i needed (my theory is it got classed as junk or something) i dont understand why seeing as microsoft owns hotmail they cant just check my history and resend it or just get whoever sent it out in the 1st place to do it again as all parties are owned by microsoft, this should be a simple issue...

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SPARTAN SM0KEY"]

ive tried that, its gone even though i rarely ever delete emails and have mail going back to about 2010 but its conveniently deleted the one email i needed (my theory is it got classed as junk or something) i dont understand why seeing as microsoft owns hotmail they cant just check my history and resend it or just get whoever sent it out in the 1st place to do it again as all parties are owned by microsoft, this should be a simple issue...

[/quote]

Different departments and pretty sure that would raise some serious privacy concerns. If the email was flagged as junk (which would be weird for Microsoft to flag its own email accounts/domains as junk) don't you have to manually purge the junk mail folder? Same applies to the Deleted folder, you can also recover deleted messages by clicking Recover deleted messages shown in the middle message pane when inside the delete folder.

Sorry this didn't help.

allready done that, if i knew how to retreive it i wouldntve spent the last week trying to sort it, and i dont expect xbox support to retreive my mail(i was trying to get them to just resend it seeing as the email specifily states "dont worry well remind you") but they could put me through to the hotmail dept who can(seeing as they own both), plus privacy is non existant now especially since i have a cctv cam by my tv which apparently gchq and the nsa use to spy on people, to the best of my knowledge hotmail has never randomly deleted my email which is why i am so pissed that it has done it this time, ive tried recovering deleted emails but its not in there

Sorry this didn't help.

Spartan Monkey,
  If this is the gamertag that should have received the code, please send a PM to Mister Fizzle. He should be able to look up and see you were eligible to receive a code and they should be able to provide that code. If this was not the gamertag that should have received the code please send that Gamertag in the PM. For convenience purposes, I've included a forum post here for Mister Fizzle. Just click the little green envelope and explain the situation about not receiving the KI code and provide your Gamertag in the PM. Thank you,  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey SPARTAN,

I replied to the PM you sent me back on the 23rd. I've bumped that again so you should see it at the top of your Private Messages. 

Sorry this didn't help.