Code for GOW Ultimate Edition Not Working in Brand New Sealed Xbox One Bundle

I hope someone can help. I purchased a brand new sealed Xbox One console (with the downloadable GOW Ultimate Edition) from a UK retailer Tesco.

The console all set up without issue - however, after scratching off the intact silver from the download card included in the box - the code is not recognised. It doesn't work from either the console - or by logging on to xbox.com and entering. Interestingly, the game code didn't work, but the Skin download codes did work, so the card is partially correct.

I spent 45 mins last night with Xbox Support after which they couldn't tell me what was wrong with the code I have on the card and said I have to go back to the retailer about it. Funnily enough, the retailer doesn't have any idea about what could be wrong with the card inside the sealed, xbox bundle.

Xbox support said that the retailer needs to "release" or activate the download code....? Does anyone have any insight on this, or experiences something similar???

I'm extremely annoyed, because my spanking new console is sat doing nothing, when I should be playing GOW!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I've posted this in the correct forum - (07).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, ChubbyArse! First off, so that you do not feel worried about what I'm going to ask, I am Official Support for the forums and work at Microsoft. I'd like to help you get this sorted. So that no one else can accidentally take your code, could you send me a private message with an image of the token card you have with the code clearly visible, please? You will need to upload the image to a file sharing site of your choice because we do not allow images to be uploaded to the forums at this time.

To send me a private message, click the envelope at the bottom of my post.

From there we can look into a few things to see what you may be running into. Hopefully we can have you sorted out shortly! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.