Cheap Way To Reward Members, No Notification Whatsoever.

So I just found out that live has been giving away 2 games each month since June.  I have been a gold member since purchasing my 360 and I was never notified in any way that these game were going to be free to reward members for loyalty.  I thought to myself maybe I missed the email or message on my xbox.  I then decided to contact Microsoft Support and talk to an support agent.  I asked her if there was anything sent out or emailed in anyway notifying people of this free reward.  She told me no that it was just all over the internet.  I said then as a gold member how was I supposed to know that you were rewarding me.  She then simply stated "Sir I can not give you credit" .  I had not even asked for compensation I was just inquiring to why microsoft decided to reward their players but not tell them.  I think this is a very shady move by microsoft and I will not be buying a one now I have even canceled my pre-order.  I will just stick with PC Gaming.  Thanks again Microsoft for outstanding customer service. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm sorry you feel this way,

But the message has popped up on my dashboard every month since the promotion started. Sometimes it pays to read those little tiles!

Surely as a PC gamer there are websites you frequent for game news etc. the same is true for the Xbox. These websites have been running this story for a long time now!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I Understand that but why not send an email to make sure all members found out about it and not just assume they will see it online.  I missed out on a lot of great titles and everyone I texted last night didn't know about it either.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've gone back through to see when the games with gold promotion was announced. It was an E3 announcement (with fable 2 free at the time).

Microsoft goes all out every year to try and get gamers to watch its e3 expo and broadcasts - why it doesn't back up announcements like that with an email I don't know. But then in truth I never get emails from or related to the Xbox. I would think they are trying to get gamers to focus on their dashboards (and adverts).

I don't know what kind of deal Microsoft has with the publishers of these games - perhaps they pay a per download fee,

Sorry this didn't help.

It actually was in an email sent out around mid-June with other information about games they mentioned at E3.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry you missed out.

In their defense though it is a good thing they are doing so it's a bit harsh to complain about it.

In addition they did send an email about the offer at the very beginning, plus another big colorful one last month when DR2 was free.

Sorry this didn't help.

If there was an email sent out, then you perhaps have your contact preferences set the same as mine Moose.

To opt into the emails, click the my account link at the top by your gamer tag - then under settings and preferences click contact preferences and tick the opt in email box.

To you two who received the email - is your box ticked under that option?

Sorry this didn't help.

Indeed. Xbox Newsletter need to be ticked (it is for me).

Also could be a junk folder rule that needs to be tweaked if the option is selected but still no email is received.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry you've missed out on some of these games. When I first found out about these free games I read it on another Forum but I still got a notification through the Xbox Newsletter. I know some people don't like 'spam' and such but Microsoft rarely send things unless it's to advertise the Xbox One these days so it's worth giving it a check. ;)

I know you're upset right now but if you feel like changing your mind and giving that extra option a tick then you can find it the way Sean2383 has pointed out or by doing it on your console that you can find by going to:

>Privacy and Online Settings

>Customize

>Xbox Marketing

>Opt In

On a more positive note, at least you know about it now and should be able to grab the games on offer right now. I believe Xbox is giving away Magic 2013 until the 15th or 16th. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I just dug through my e-mail account for you, Microsoft sent out an e-mail on June 14th, 2013 titled "IrishMoose1980, See the games of E3, reserve your Xbox One, and more‏" that went into detail about the "Games with Gold" program.  This was 4 days after the program started.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. Sorry to hear you didn't know about the Games with Gold promotion that has been going on since June 2013.

I don't know where you've been hiding but Microsoft and Xbox LIVE have been sending out emails every month of this promotion, to everyone's registered "Xbox LIVE" Windows LIVE ID email address, listing the games that are included, assuming you agreed to receive promotional emails from Microsoft and Xbox LIVE. You might want to check your SPAM folder/filter settings.

They also list the games as being FREE on the Xbox 360 console Dashboard's main page as well as the xbox.com web site every month during the promotion.

Then you every nearly every gaming blog/site/forum also talking about these free games every time they come up as well as your Xbox LIVE friends who are also going to be talking about this promotion and downloading/playing these games when they come out. In addition to hearing random's talking about this promotion during online gaming sessions and party chats, etc.

There has been more than enough notification about the "Games with Gold" promotion through multiple venues and word of mouth alone. Sorry you're late to the gate but the issue isn't with a lack of promotion on Microsoft's or Xbox LIVE's part.

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.