Cant download Games with GOLD eventhough i am a GOLD member

I bought a 12 months XBOX GOLD subscription.

The payment was successful and is reflected on the xbox home site but i am not able to download the free games offered in the GAMES WITH GOLD promotion.

When i try to download the game it is asking me for an addition $9.99 (the original price)

I am trying to download  A World of Keflings offered from 1st to 15th November.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Try going to www.xbox.com/gameswithgold.  Make sure you're signed into your Gold account.  There should be a link to get your free game.  This will open the Marketplace page for World of Keflings.  You'll want to select the button to purchase it.  On the Confirm Purchase page, this should reflect that it is a $0.00 purchase.  This will add it to your download queue.  Then simply log into your console, go to Download History, and it should download no problem.

-

Not sure why it wouldn't simply let you acquire the game on the console like normal.  Perhaps you might need to redownload your profile to let it know about your Gold membership status.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you just purchased the membership on the website then it can take a bit for the Gold to populate your account on the console.

If it hasn't already, you can speed up the process by going to System>Settings>Network Settings on the dashboard and run a Connection Test.  This will sign you out and when it has completed your account should show as Gold on the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

try and purhcase the game on the console

go to games, browse games and then under featured there will be a tile for the games for gold

Sorry this didn't help.