Accidental Detetion of Promo code sent via Dashboard

I recieved a message from XBOX LIVE via the dashboard. This message contained a redemption code for a FREE Halo Avatar outfit ( it is the halo warrior YELLOW - From Halo 4). The reason for this was for playing Halo multiplayer during the month of MARCH 2013 between 8th-10th.

However - Before i could write down the code i have accidently deleted it and have not been able to redeem the code. IF the dashboard had like a "are you sure you want to delete this message?" optioin, that would of saved me my frustration!!!!

What i want to know is - HOw can i Claim my free outfit. 

My girlfriend recieved the same message as we had played together - and she allowed me to use her code, as the Body of the message actually contained a code for a male and female outfit. We figured we could just use one each. THIS DID NOT WORK. Only the fist code used worked then it must have disabled the second code.

now between us we are still 1 code down and i need my unclaimed one so i can give it back to my girlfriend on her account.

SO to be finally clear - we (me and girlfriend ) had each recieved a message which contained 2 codes, which allowed you to redeem EITHER the male or female outfit ( choice of ONE only).  I accidentally deleted my message so couldnt use MY code/s. I used one of  her codes thinking she could use other one.  she cannot redeem second one as been disabled from me using the first one. so i am still missing my code and ive used her one - i need to give her the code from my ORIGINAL message so she gets the outfit too.

I have phoned MS support - they emailed me this ref: 

SRX1201327292ID - 818928 

If this is still not clear then phone me directly on my mobile NO. because i cannot make it any clearer in text format.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Have you also checked your email tied to your XBL account? I noticed that every time I win a free promo code from XBL, I always have an XBL message with the code and an email that also has the code too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im having the same problem for my son, he deleted his by accident whilst deleting other inbox messages. I was informed by customer service chat to try Halo Waypoint to get some help as to which i have non at all as of yet. Or, to try these here forums.

Codes are tracked by Xbox, it's just getting through to the department associated. With it being a promotion it may make it harder i was also told.

If an email was sent along with the Xbox Live Message then all would be ok. But sadly they dnt send an email, even if its a promotion which is totally stupid.

In the mean time if i get any answer i will share with you and hope that you would do so in return.

I will not be happy if this cant be sorted as i can only assume that more people are in this situation and there is physical proff we recieved the message as all messages to inbox's are tracked supposedly.

Yours

Dan  : )

Sorry this didn't help.

If you delete the message over LIVE then it is not retrieveable and they can not send you a new message. It is possible you might get a reminder message in a few days to redeem it, but that is really your only hope besides checking your microsoft account email.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there everyone! As Judge Bergan said, we don't have a way to restore console messages once they've been deleted. I know this isn't information you wanted to hear. If I could restore the message to your inbox I would, but there is simply no way that I can.

Sorry this didn't help.

Appreciate the response Mister Cerb and thanks Judge.. This has got me so annoyed, how can Xbox offer a promotion that is pretty good but not back it up wit an email. Surely this has to be added in the future especially if it is for promo items. Mistakes happen and its unfair to those who pride their gaming as some do no getting what they deserve. Yes the message was deleted as we know and more care may have been taken, but i for one think many more people may have done this and really havnt got a clue about these here forums.

Surely there must be someone in some department able to try and help the avid gamers who from time to time slip up. I for one already have an on going case about GoW:Judgment codes miss printed and do know someone is the company is able to manufacture codes.

These people need to do it for the fans who love the brand not just the promotion.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have still not received the promo code, anyone else in the same boat?

Sorry this didn't help.

agonisicali - if you didnt recieve one already perhaps you didnt fall into the category that gives out this particualt promotion code.

I agree with Mr Fyn - any promo offer's be it from microsoft directly or rewared from anouther source - IF IT IS SENT VIA THE DASHBOARD, you should also recieve an email to confirm that you have been selected for said reward etc.

This is unfair for those people who haven't had the oppertunity to even write the code down. IF you even drop the control whilst your writing it down - you only have to catch it whilst the message is open and if you ahppen to press "A" then boom - there goes your code.

My accidental deletion was because i pressed "A" to open the message, it didnt seem to do anything then i pressed it again - as it was opening then it got deleted before i even knew WTF was going on.

Also - if you cant retrieve mail from the dashbaord - say for example , what is the point of reporting some one who sends you an abusive mesage, especially if you delete it once reported - does that mean the evidence goes into a black hole and can never be recovered? if this is not the case:-

i cant understand why that would be retrieveable and not a message directly sent from a MS computer.

Sorry this didn't help.

For me (and i live in another country)

MS always send me the code direct to my e-mail account or right in the mensage!!!(like my friend when he register his Brazilian account and gain the MS controller for avatar, he rescues direct by mensage in dash board, and yes he receive a e-mail too)

I have a question in your acount security you selected the option receive e-mail from MS and his partners?

Because the only case i received a code in dash from the day i win a promotion of LG, they send the code by dash and e-mail too, from MS and partners i never received only dash!!!

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english, it´s self learnerd.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tahae T - i was on early so defo in the first 600,000 and was on solid for an hour and a half without even going back to the lobby on halo 4 so i think i should qualify.

havent had an e-mail or a msg on dashboard my brother i the same! so i have no idea!

Sorry this didn't help.

i read in another post that the messge takes up to 4 weeks to appear from date of the "reward period" so in that case 0  i would assume there just making their way through the list ;).

Just to clarify and update  - i still have no code or email messge.

Sorry this didn't help.