A unique problem with specializations

I've read the official thread about the specializations so don't tell me to go there, it doesn't help at all. i have the email that says "here is your gift from xbox live" and it has a pic of halo 4 on the page so it's definitely the one. the problem is that this an old email address that i haven't used in years and isn't the one linked to my xbl account, so when i clicked the link it created a new live account for me. it wouldn't be a problem if i could just get to the page with the code, cause then i could just use it on my actual account, but now it wants me to verify the account by getting a text message, but seeing as this email hasn't been used in like 5 years the phone number attached to it doesn't exist and it won't let me update it. So it's actually impossible to even get to the page with the code! This is extra annoying because i'm level 69 in the game and just a few matches away from maxing out at level 70 so i have no purpose of playing the game anymore. I need a new code. It's that simple.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi,

Sorry forum support agents as well as Xbox Support via phone cannot re-send or regenerate these codes for you. If you received an e-mail at the wrong e-mail address the it's suggested you check your contact information here and here and update that information so future promotions don't get sent to the wrong e-mail as well.

If you're being asked to verify information you will need to do so before being able to access that account, there's unfortunately no way around that. If you're unable to do either then you would need to wait until these specializations are unlocked for everyone in the coming months (no set date).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I cured it! all i had to do was forward the email i got on the old account to my actual email address and then when i clicked the link to the code it automatically affiliated it with with xbl account. beautiful!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.