6 months of XBL plus 5 free games

I took Crazy Larry's deal on getting 6 months of XBL and 5 free games. There's been talk about how the 5 free games are coming within a 4-6 weeks period. Now they're talking about in a previous post that I'll have to wait 8-10 weeks!
Is this true?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Dude i took the same deal and i thought we would just be able to download the games. Now i just feel like i got ripped off or something.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there guys! For this promotion, the five games will be provided to you via codes that are emailed to you. As far as I'm aware, the turn-around time on this is closer to 4-6 weeks. If I may, where did you hear the 8-10 week estimate? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I heard it from another thread and a guy got a message from microsoft. Here's the letter

I opened a support ticket and now they are saying 8 to 10 weeks!  Since you have to download them by June 30 or you can't get them for free, this means there is a very good chance a lot of people will not get their code in time to be able download the games.  Meaning this amounts to essentially a useless 'deal' and borders on being a scam IMHO.  And really, The IT Giant - Microsoft - cannot manage to get some text codes sent to purchasers of this deal for 2 and a half months?  Is some guys laughing it up how they played us I wonder?  Below is the text of the email I was sent:

Service Request Number: 1174052549

Dear Xbox LIVE Customer,

As we understand, you are inquiring with regard to an Xbox Live membership renewal promotion that indicated you will receive free download for games. We will definitely assist you with the information that you need to properly address this concern.

Please be advised that you will only be eligible for an Xbox dashboard promotion if you purchased through your Xbox console. Some offers are only valid through in-dash signup. If you are eligible for a promotion usually, tokens will be sent to the email address tied to your Xbox LIVE account within 8-10 weeks. Limit 1 per person. Not combinable with other offers.

Fulfillment of tokens for free gifts with a subscription promotion will typically take 8-10 weeks as stated in the terms and conditions.

To check if you're eligible for an Xbox Live promotion, please allow us to inform you that there may be a need to make a clarification on your account information from the system. Because we value the security of your account it is best that our phone support representatives will work with you in resolving this issue. This will require real time account verification. Please understand that email support have limited access to account specific information. Please contact our Support Line at (800)-4MY-XBOX or (800)-469-9269.

You can call our Phone Support Professionals at these office hours:

* 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

* 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

If you are outside the US, you can use this link: support.xbox.com/.../ChangeLocale.aspx. Please click the Country at the bottom of the page where you are located and look for the Support Number.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number 1174052549 so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Sincerely,

Xbox Live Support Team

Sorry this didn't help.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure that it's on the 4-6 weeks side of things, so sit tight and we should have those codes out to you shortly. Thank you for your patience!

Sorry this didn't help.