5 Free Games Issue

Like many others on here, I too have not been sent the 5 free games. I paid for the Xbox Gold Membership on the 28th March and was told 4-6 weeks, then I was told 7-8 weeks, now I am been told It should be the 1st of June, this is outrageous.  I am a loyal Xbox customer, despite having to have my console replaced at least 5 times.  However this is becoming a joke, If this is not resolved I will been trading my console all my games and will be looking into getting a PS3, as your customer service is on this matter is not up to standard.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello Killjoy1875,

Sorry to hear that you are having problem's.

Some promotions will automatically deposit points to your account for you. You can verify this by checking https://billing.microsoft.com for your recent point activity.

If you still doesn´t get the free games, please providing us with the following information will be the most efficient way to get our assistance:

Promotion Details: Was it a subscription purchase? How many months? Was it at a discounted rate? Did you have to purchase certain games?
Date of Purchase: The day you purchased the subscription or promotional items
Promo Item(s): The game, games, points or LIVE time you have not yet received

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you,

Promotion was the 5 free games if you sign up for 6 months gold using a credit card from the advert on the microsoft dashboard. It was purchased on the 28th March and I have no received any of the download codes, for the 5 games, Halo reach, Kinect sports, Fable III, Toy soldiers or Gunstringer.

I feel this is microsofts fault not my fault that your promotion was "to successful" if microsoft can not deliver what they promise to customers then why should I remain a customer.

Do you know how I can make a formal complaint I will already be contacting UK trading standards in regard to this matter.

Thankks for any help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Killjoy! As you know this promotion was delayed. We are still looking to get the codes out by the first week in June. If you don't receive the codes by then, please do post back to let us know, and we'll get you taken care of.

In the meantime, can you please ensure that both your WLID and contact (live.xbox.com/.../ContactPreferences) email addresses are up to date? That will ensure you get the email properly the first time. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for letting me know, however I feel that again microsoft is letting customers down again, if microsoft can not deliver why have the offer, this is sheer incompetece, how is my fault your offer was too popular.  I will never, ever again purchase anything from xbox, the customer service is a joke and not a funny one

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry you feel that way Killjoy. For what it's worth, I did find out yesterday that this promotion is no longer delayed and should be fulfilled now. Can you check your WLID and contact email one last time for me and let me know if you find the codes. Let me know, thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Mister Gwyther, Checked today and nothing so far, contact details are correct.  Thank you at least you have an idea what customer service is :) So while I am upset about the level of service from Microsoft, I thank you for all your help. :) :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the kind words Killjoy! I've sent you a Forum PM with a little more info on your issue. Please check there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.