2960 Microsoft Points Expired

In short, 2960 of my Microsoft Points expired yesterday on the 1/27/13. After contacting Microsoft Support, I learned that this was because they were promotional points.

However, I was given these promo points by Microsoft Support around a year ago to replace Microsoft Points that were lost when someone tampered with my account and spent all of my Microsoft Points.

Basically, I'd like to get those 2960 Microsoft Points back as soon as possible, since they were originally paid for before my account was tampered with.

Thanks!

(re-posted here as I think I posted in the wrong forum by mistake)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Got an email today that had codes to restore my points. I am pretty sure that these points will not expire, since they are not "promotional" like the last hack-replacement points were. Hope you have the same result.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad to hear you're on the right track Metalingus96! Let us know how it goes when you hear back. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Meef J;

When my account was compromised all of my points were also spent on the FIFA gold packs. It seemed pretty obvious that my account was compromised as I had never played that game before then, haha.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got off the phone with the phone support team.

They had to escalate my ticket, so I'll hear back in a few days. The guy said he didn't see why I wouldn't be able to get them back since I had originally purchased the points.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had 1960 pts expire 1/21/13. Xbox support told me to post in this forum as well. After being on the phone for 80 minutes, they had submitted a ticket to UA (unauthorized access) to reimburse, so fingers crossed.

I too was hacked around 1/7/12 and had all my MS points spent on the FIFA Premium gold jumbo pack, premium gold pack, and gold pack. So when I saw that I had my points expire just over a year later, I was concerned also.

Good luck with your issue. It's silly that we even have to bother reclaiming our stolen property (again)...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Metalingus96! I'm sorry that you were misinformed to post in this forum. The only ones that may actually be able to help you out here would be the phone support team (since they originally awarded the points for your UA). What I'd suggest you do here is request another call from phone support on our contact us page, but this time be ready with the SR #s from your previous calls if possible. That will give the agent you talk to a better idea of what you've been through! Let us know how it goes Meta, we'll be here. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I was directed to this exact forum by Xbox Customer Support. I would not be surprised if that is the case, however.

I wasn't exactly given a warning that I would just lose next to $40 dollars worth of MS points after a year, either, so I'm not really too content with that.

I did originally pay for the Microsoft Points, but to reiterate, my account was hacked/tampered with/stolen (whatever you want to call it) and they reimbursed for what I lost. It wasn't under my control, so they decided that I deserved my money back. I was never told that my money would end up expiring in a year.

Sorry this didn't help.

No one here can do anything.

First of all, you are responsible for using up anything before it expires. Secondly, you would need to call phone support to see if anything can be done about.

Like I said, no one on the forums could do anything to help.

Sorry this didn't help.