160 free points email 7/12/12 but code in email says it's already invalid...wth!

I received an email from xbox.com at 5:56 pm with the header GET MORE OF YOUR FAVORITE GAMES WITH 160 POINTS ON US.  So I opened the email (and yes, it was definately from xbox) stating that they were going to give me 160 points to enjoy and all I had to do was input the code "below".  But in the area where the code would normally be seen were the words:  Sorry, the code is no longer available.

WHAT THE HECK?  When I called Xbox customer support this morning they said emails like this "aren't their problem" to deal with come to find out that I needed to go to the special xbox rewards forum and post something and pray to God (my words, not his) that someone with brains reads this and gets back to me. 

After noodling through pages and pages and pages and pages of posts (and that's just from ONE day), I'm already super irritated with microsoft's xbox division..what have we gotten ourselves into?  They seem to have a nasty habit of not following through by giving rewards points that THEY themselves are offering or promoting.  What the heck people....

Someone get back to me about this b.s. email that I got..here is a cut & paste of it. 

You want more from your favorite games. You can get it with Microsoft® Points. And we're giving you 160 free points right now.* Just redeem the code below to get your points:
Then head to Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and use your points to get game add-ons, Avatar gear, Arcade games, movies, and more.
Get more from your favorite games with add-on content, including new maps, gear, accessories, weapons, cars, characters, and achievements.
Dress your Avatar in gear from your favorite games, or show your support with logo-emblazoned tees and caps.
Did you know that all of the content you download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace is linked to your Xbox LIVE account, not your Xbox 360® console? You can delete any content you want from your console, and redownload it at your leisure.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

CommonMarrow30, "PM" stands for "Privet Message".

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem but I received the code through the Xbox Ambassador program. Could you help me Mister Gwyther:)?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Marrow! I'm more than happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please post back to this thread so I can send you a Forum PM? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

help me please..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Marrow! I have sent you a Forum PM with more information. You can check your messages by visiting the home page (http://forums.xbox.com) and looking under the "Conversation List", about halfway down the page.

For everyone else, please do create a new thread in this forum detailing your issue for me and we'll be happy to assist you there. Thank you for your consideration!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem too except that it didn't say "Sorry, the code is no longer available," there just wasn't any code at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for offering to help me (btw, what is a PM?)

Sorry this didn't help.