10000 Rewards Credits out of stock, HOW?

I went to the vault to try to get 10000 rewards credits for my gems, since MS is doing away with one of the last good things Xbox has. To my surprise, they are out of stock. Can someone tell me how you run out of a digital product that only you have? I would understand if it were like a digital Gamestop gift card or something like that but no, its 10000 Rewards Credits for a soon to be defunct program that ONE place would ever have. How in the hell do you run out of this, especially when you know that people are going to be scrambling to cash in the things that they have spent so much time and money trying to accumulate, just to have the rug pulled out from underneath them by the very people who made this program seem so wonderful in the first place?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes this is complete and utter garbage in having the same issue......I just spent 20 minutes talking to one of the online help agents and all they could do was send me here......here where clearly no one is getting any help anyways.....like what is the damn point of having a separate team to handle rewards issues of that aren't handling them

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Gonna have to ditto the feeling.  As soon as I saw the announcement I went to the vault to redeem. All that is left is freemium game currency and wallpapers, which I have no interest in either of those. I was trying to save up for another level’s reward but not now. 

I do not enjoy the thought of losing the value of my earned gems because I can’t redeem them for  something that I would have used.  10k points is what my gems could have gotten me, but it’s looking like after the conversion I’m only going to get 500 unless more options are put into the vault. 

In my opinion, gems do have a real world monetary value because of the “rebates” one gets from buying games. A person could redeem 500 gems for 10k reward points which in turn could redeemed for $10.00 US. After the change the same 500 gems will only net you $0.50 US. This is an unacceptable devaluation.

So please Microsoft, reinstate the gems for points options in the vault. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in the same boat. I'm an ambassador, and a longtime former Xbox Team member.

Between the stuff that's happened in Mobile, Band, and now this stuff with Xbox Live Rewards I'm thinking it's about time for me to stop buying MS stuff altogether. I already divested all of my employee stock months ago, and actually bought my first non-Windows smart device (iPhone X....all my PDA's and phones from 2002 on had been MS) ever.

The more they abandon the consumer market the faster their relevance shrinks (as Enterprise is nothing but a bunch of consumers who are familiar with MS products at home and that's what drives adoption at work) and no one at corporate would listen to me about that. I had been shouting it for the last several years before I finally gave up and left.

The way they are handling their consumer businesses is some of the most amateur hour stuff I've seen from a large company in a while.

Purely out of principle over this matter I didn't buy a single item in the Spring Sale. It was mostly the fact that I couldn't redeem any of the MyVIP Gems for the 5000 or 10000 points options, nor the Visa GC options which have shown out of stock every time I look for months. I can't support products/teams that don't actually support all of their efforts properly. That pains me as a former MS Studios/Xbox guy myself. *sighs*

I'm also not buying anything more from Microsoft Movies & TV until they get moving and join Movies Anywhere.

Apple is getting my money there these days, which annoys me to no end. Now I have an iPhone and am using iTunes to make compatible video purchases....

...and using an Apple product is the last move on Earth I ever wanted to make, outside of possibly moving to Android. I've still avoided that like the plague other than a single free tablet I was given that I never use.

So please don't keep driving off customers MS.

I want to see you rebuild yourselves into a company I can support again. 
Until then the only money I'll spend or products I'll use from MS are those I already own or those I get for free via various surveys/tests/giveaways/etc.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

lol they don't make this clear as they should(LIKE USUAL!!!!!), but this always happens. You unfortunately have to keep checking like everyday and whatever you looking for will be in stock eventually. It's going out of stock really fast now because everyone is rushing to get rid of their gems now. Just keep checking, you got 2 whole months left. The reward points cards/gift cards are a hot item and are the easiest to get by all gamers(not just the big spenders). 

But it is funny like you said about them running out of stock all the time lol.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You unfortunately have to keep checking like everyday and whatever you looking for will be in stock eventually

I check almost every day and have for months. I've managed to redeem gems only once or twice for items I want in that time. I still have 500 gems just sitting there that I've been wanting to use for weeks now. There were 1 or 2 days last week I wasn't able to check more than once in that day due to travel for funeral arrangements.

I'm pretty vigilant about keeping an eye out and am usually checking 2-3 times a day for if they've opened up stock. So if I'm missing it, then the amounts being made available must be pretty tiny.

As I said before, I'm a former MS employee and I've worked on Xbox teams. If there's anyone that wants them to succeed it's me. I still have tons of friends at MS. I want to see them do right by the consumer here too. It just seems like they are trying to drive consumers away as fast as they can lately.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

how ican get this

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

how ican get this

It's out of stock. You can't until it's back in stock.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You unfortunately have to keep checking like everyday and whatever you looking for will be in stock eventually

I check almost every day and have for months. I've managed to redeem gems only once or twice for items I want in that time. I still have 500 gems just sitting there that I've been wanting to use for weeks now. There were 1 or 2 days last week I wasn't able to check more than once in that day due to travel for funeral arrangements.

I'm pretty vigilant about keeping an eye out and am usually checking 2-3 times a day for if they've opened up stock. So if I'm missing it, then the amounts being made available must be pretty tiny.

As I said before, I'm a former MS employee and I've worked on Xbox teams. If there's anyone that wants them to succeed it's me. I still have tons of friends at MS. I want to see them do right by the consumer here too. It just seems like they are trying to drive consumers away as fast as they can lately.

Yeah you definitely missed it,  I jumped on the $10 card like a month ago when I saw it. Like 4 days ago it popped back up when I was checking my gems like at 12pm(Pacific time). I saw the $5 one in like the evening time yesterday. Came back like an hour it was gone lol.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah you definitely missed it,  I jumped on the $10 card like a month ago when I saw it. Like 4 days ago it popped back up when I was checking my gems like at 12pm(Pacific time). I saw the $5 one in like the evening time yesterday. Came back like an hour it was gone lol.

Ah. Yeah that time frame was around the couple days I wasn't able to check as I was traveling due to my mom passing. I had my phone with me but was mostly in terrible cell areas and places without Wi-Fi between Wednesday and late-Friday of last week. Figures that's when they'd stock it back up briefly *sighs*. I ended up spending the $10 on the Return to Arkham collection even though I can't really afford it. I need the distraction this week from everything else going on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated March 22, 2020 Views 177 Applies to: