- Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1
- Login Username - "Leave Blank"
- Login Password - admin
How to Find Firmware Version
- Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the address bar of the internet browser.
- When prompted, leave the user name blank and enter "admin" for the password.
- Select the Status tab from the menu at the top.
- The firmware version is listed in the section labeled Information.
- Plug the computer into a LAN port via an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser.
- Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example 192.168.1.1)
When prompted, leave the user name blank and enter "admin" for the password.
Select Administration at the top.
- Click Firmware Upgrade from the sub menu.
- In an alternate web browser or tab go to www.Linksys.com and download the updated software.
- Click Browse.
- Locate and select the file you just downloaded and uncompressed.
- Click Start Update to send the software to the router. This loads the new software in the router and causes the router to restart.
*Note: Do not try to go online, turn off the router, shutdown the computer or do anything else to the router until the router finishes restarting! Wait a few more seconds before doing anything.*
- Click Status at the top and check the Firmware Version to verify that your router now has the new software installed.