Apple AirPort Extreme
*There is none. This device requires proprietary software to configure.*
This walkthrough is based on the OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) version of the utility.
Apple routers have a default setting where if a native IPv6 address is present on the WAN, the router will block Teredo by filtering UDP 3544. To work around this issue, you will need to go into IPv6 security/firewall settings and re-enable Teredo.
In some cases, the Xbox 360 cannot obtain an IP address if the Airport Express is using WEP security - use WPA2 instead.
On the Xbox One, if you are having issues getting into multiplayer gaming with this router, it may be blocking Teredo tunnels. This is a setting that is left unchecked by default on this router.
To allow Teredo tunnels:
- Open the AirPort Admin Utility. (It is installed in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a Macintosh computer, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on computers using Windows.)
- With the Utility open select your device from the menu on the left.
- Select Advanced from the menu at the top.
- Select the tab labeled IPv6 Firewall. (This tab will be visible only if the IPv6 Mode is set to Router or Tunnel and if the “Block incoming IPv6 connections” is checked)
- Check the option to Allow Teredo tunnels.
- Select Update.