Apple AirPort Express
*There is none. This device requires proprietary software to configure.*
This walkthrough is based on the OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) version of the utility.
Apple routers have a default setting where if a native IPv6 address is present on the WAN, the router will block Teredo by filtering UDP 3544. To work around this issue, you will need to go into IPv6 security/firewall settings and re-enable Teredo.
In some cases, the Xbox 360 cannot obtain an IP address if the Airport Express is using WEP security - use WPA2 instead.
On the Xbox One, if you are having issues getting into multiplayer gaming with this router, it may be blocking Teredo tunnels. This is a setting that is left unchecked by default on this router.
To allow Teredo tunnels:
- Open the AirPort Admin Utility. (It is installed in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a Macintosh computer, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on computers using Windows.)
- With the Utility open select your device from the menu on the left.
- Select Advanced from the menu at the top.
- Select the tab labeled IPv6 Firewall.
- Check the option to Allow Teredo tunnels.
- Select Update.