Gateway - 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1
Username - admin
Password - password or admin or password1
Verizon Firmware (Red/Black)
- Plug the computer into a LAN port via an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser.
- Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. Example 192.168.1.1
- The router will then prompt you to enter the username and password.the default user name and password are: "admin" and "password"/"admin"/"password1".
- Click on My Network, and then Network Connections on the left hand side.
- Click on "Broadband Connection DSL", and you will see one of two screens:
- If the connection is using PPPoE, proceed to the next step. If the connection is using DHCP, you will need to click on "Release" and then proceed to the next step.
- Locate the "VCs" section, find the line that is Enabled and click on the edit button on the right hand side (looks like a little notepad)
- On this page, change the protocol from PPPoE to Bridge. If the connection is using DHCP, it should already be set to Bridge.
- Once the protocol has been changed to Bridge, make sure that the "Bridge Mode" option is set to just Bridge and click apply.
- (These next steps may not be needed on some hardware versions.) Now click on My Network and Network Connections again, then click on LAN.
- On this screen, uncheck "Private LAN DHCP Server Enable" and click apply.
- Now that the unit is bridged, make sure you enter the PPPoE settings on the router (if needed) and power cycle to sync up the devices.
NOTE- Some ISPs like Verizon is switching customers to DHCP so they don't need to enter the PPPoE info into the Router - Just confirm what Connection type either PPPoE or DHCP and select the correct option on the router.
Westell Firmware (Blue/White)
- After logging in to the device, click on Configuration and select "DHCP Configuration from the drop down menu.
- Change DHCP Server from Private LAN to Off and click on Save.
- Next, click on Configuration and select "Private LAN Configuration from the drop down menu.
- Uncheck "Private LAN DHCP Server" and hit save.
- Click on Configuration and select "VC Configuration" from the drop down menu.
- Click Edit for the row that has "PPPoE" in the Protocol column and "Enable" in the Status column.
- On this page, change the Protocol from PPPoE to Bridge, and verify that the Mode is also changed to Bridge.
- Click on Set VC, and reboot the gateway when prompted.