Known Issues

Known Issues

Lag and intermittent disconnections may occur, with no permanent fix known at this time. We are currently working with Comcast towards a resolution.

High Firewall settings on this device can cause a number of errors on both the Xbox One and the Xbox 360.  We have seen "High packet loss" errors on the Xbox One and several potential errors on the 360 including "MTU", "Internet error", "Live connection".  Should any of these errors occur we suggest disabling or setting the firewall to low.

XB1R HADES: Update: (12/24/2014): At this time there is currently no guaranteed fix for these issues and there may not be a fix for some time.  This is a firmware issue with the device and not something that Xbox can fix on our end.  At this time the best suggestion we can make would be to replace the gateway with a different brand.  Currently the **** gateways also share similar issues as well.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I called Xbox Live support and they said the reason I could not connect to Xbox live multiplayer on titanfall was due to the technicolor router we have although we recieve the internet clearly otherwise.

They recommended having comcast switch us to an SMC router.  I called

Comcast support and they had me unplug the xbox one and the pinged the router and checked it through online support and after pluggin in the x box and powering it up we have access to online multiplayer gaming through titanfall now.  Not sure who is right but we will see if this fix holds up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Im having same issues. This was the 3rd time I comcast refreshed signal. Its only temporary

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since Xmas 2014 I Encounter similar Problems but my Internet Provider through a box is numericable. While discussing with them about my regular disconnexion Problems they suggested to Exchange my router. Reading your Messages it seems this could be a good solution

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Technicolor Tc8305C is not compatible with the Xbox. It has nothing to do with Xbox because they do not manufacture that router! This is one of the few routers that has no permanent fix for the random disconnects and Comcast for some reason is still giving them out!!!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this the solution? Replace the router via Comcast? BEYOND frustrating always being disconnected and cannot get an answer from anyone

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Modem is the Technicolor model TC-7300.B, and is happening the same random disconnections in any game. I'm a new Subscriber and I didn't like the service provided by Xbox Live. I tried all the steps taught here and nothing. I reply with the Xbox and nothing.I didn't expect that and I don't think I'm going to renew my subscription.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So is this still the solution to the Technicolor gateway problem witnessed by many?  Should I contact Comcast and request a new gateway?  Or go purchase a different model?  If so what model would be the preferred?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

having the same problem (technicolor TC-8305), actually for a long time now, im going to try to exchange the gateway with comcast this weekend

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I spoke to both Comcast and Microsoft.

Things Comcast IT guy told me: TC8305C is compatible with Xbox 360. This is not the issue. the problem this model experiences is the strength of the wifi range. He recommended getting one of the Netgear Nighthawk series gateway model. They run for about 100 bucks, which isn't entirely too bad.

Microsoft itself told me they are having issues with matchmaking service alert. xbox.com has the notification about it.

I'm a bit confused at to what is the issue exactly. I've done everything on the list myself as well. My NAT is open. The internet itself works just fine. I redownloaded my profile. Reset my factory defaults for network. Done my port forwarding as well setting up xbox ip as restricted static IP. Restarted my router/modem. I'm going to try to speak to Microsoft one more time tomorrow one more time. If the issue isn't resolved within a week. I'll probably get a new gateway. Frak it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Magd00

Comcast isn't incorrect, but you have to modify it to work. if theyre too lazy to help you, and you just take their word at face value that's on you. Xbox will suggest to replace the router because it has issues even with advanced methods. The best thing you can do is change the channel from Auto to any channel(im partial to 11), then Turn off UPnP and Zero config, then save apply, turn UPnP back on and Zero Config. then reboot router, restore the Xbox to factory network settings, then reboot Xbox. Reconnect to the network, go to configure network (advanced settings), get the IP address for the Xbox. then back at the router Enter the IP address into the DMZ host option. reboot router and Xbox again. Check to make sure NAT type is still open, and the IP address on the Xbox did not change. if it did, repeat the DMZ host part, reboot. If NAT type is strict, but IP is still the same, simply restart the Xbox 2-5 times, should clear up. THIS is NOT a promised solution. this will simply lessen the severity of the disconnections.

PS. the "nighthawk" series is not good for wireless connecting to the Xbox, the benefits of its range is for a newer technology NOT found in Xboxs. For a single console, any "Aftermarket" router that broadcast the N150, or N300 should work. if you have multiple consoles, very few work out of the box, but most can be configured to work. Also, Setting a "static" (I guess some people are too Fancy for manual) is not a good idea 90% of the time. your router dictates traffic as needed and changing the number to a lower number does NOT mean its prioritized, and also causes issues some times with custom settings inside the router. Let the DHCP do its job, and give your console an IP address.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 1,220 Applies to: