Bridging Guide

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.0.1
  • Login Username - admin
  • Login Password - motorola

Bridging Guide

*Bridge Mode should only be used if you have a router to plug into the device*

Bridging is done in  two parts to fully complete the process.

1. Unplug coax cable from Motorola.
  2. Hold down the white reset button on the back panel for 30s. (This resets all settings to factory defaults, including the setting that doesn’t let you reconfigure the modem.  The modem will be auto-reconfigured once you plug in the coax cable.)
  3. When modem is back on plug in a computer with an Ethernet cable into the device.
  4. Open a web browser.
  5. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar (Or click the link). Enter the username and password if the gateway asks (admin/motorola).
  6. Select Wireless on the across the top.
  7. Select Primary Network on the left.
  8. Select Disabled for the Primary Network drop down. (This will disable the wireless features of the motorola)
  9. Select Apply.
  10. Select Basic on the across the top.
  11. Select DHCP from the left.
  12. For DHCP Server select No.
  13. Select Apply.
  14. Plug the router into the device and power cycle the network.
  1. Go to Basic Setup.
  2. Change NAPT Mode to Disabled.
  3. Select Apply.

Motorola SBG6580 (**** Firmware)

Login Information
  • Gateway - 192.168.0.1
  • Username - admin
  • Password - password

Bridging Guide

*At this time no bridging instructions could be found.  Please contact your ISP to see if bridging is available for this device.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 102 Applies to:

This did not work for me. I called Arris tech support and they walked me through the bridge process.

1. Log in to the modem. Go to the top menu and select WIRELESS.

2. In the drop down menu under Wireless select DISABLE. Click APPLY.

3. On the left hand menu select the BASIC link. Under basic, select the SETUP link on the left.

4. It will say Primary Mode, and under it there is a drop down menu next to NAPT. Select DISABLE then click APPLY.

The modem will reset. Then you need to set up your router properly. I have a Netgear Nighthawk r7000 and I had to call Netgear tech support for help as well because there were no proper instructions anywhere for setting your router up with a bridged modem. After I go both fixed the NAT switched to open on BOTH Xbox Ones in my house as well as Open in Black Ops 3. Hope this helps.