Default Gateway – 10.0.0.1

Username – admin

Password – password

Known Issues

There are no known issues at this time.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well there are two issues with me, not sure if this happening with anyone else...but i decided to factory reset the modem after I was done i checked to make sure my Xbox was running on a open NAT. Well my Xbox was not running a open NAT. So i go ahead and power reset my Xbox and my Modem.

Now my NAT was moderate. So i was not able to stay in party chats due to my NAT. So I double check the modem settings again and the UPnP was disabled. Enabling this setting made my NAT open. But wait...I am still lagging out of party chats. OK so now at this point im confused on what is happening, I have a open NAT. I am able to sign in to Xbox Live, but cant stay in party chats.

At this point I was ready to throw all this out the window. So now i have decided to see what MoCA was on my modem. Well MoCA is "Multimedia over Coaxial Alliance" some software that Xfinity is using in this modem I do not know what other modems from Xfinity is using this but the Cisco DPC3939 is using it.

So after doing some research on MoCA. ( en.wikipedia.org/.../Multimedia_over_Coax_Alliance ) I decided to disable it in my modem. So I jump back online and jump into a party....SUCCESS I was able to stay in the party with no issues. Now I am not saying this may be the cause for every body but it could be something to look into.

Now the other is really not a issue more on the lines of straight confusion. I have never noticed it before but as i was looking at the Network settings on my Xbox one i did notice that I am using a IPv4 IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway. But both my Primary and Secondary DNS is using IPv6 settings.

Confused I am (Yoda Voices). Now as i said before i have never really noticed it, but someone from Xbox support believes that it may be a bug on the Xbox One Preview Dashboard. If you would like a picture of this please private message on Xbox Live and i will send one to the requested address.

I am able to still get online, but confused on why i am using IPv6 settings.

Thank you and have a great day.      

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Since last week, I have been having issues with this specific Modem/Gateway. The constant random "disconnect from Xbox live" that seems to have taken place with other Comcast products in the past. I have tried literally everything suggested more than once with no lasting success, including Port Forwarding, DMZ, UPnP is on, MoCA is off, hardwired connection, deleting/downloading profile, looking for corrupted data, reset modem to factory settings, reset Xbox Network settings to factory, ad infinitum. Xbox Live support suggested that it was probably a problem with my Xbox and to send it in for repair since none of these have solved the issue. I took my Xbox to another house and ran it Wireless off a DSL connection for a few hours straight with absolutely no issues. Comcast has no answers, Xbox Live has no answers. Every other connected device can stream video, etc with no interruptions, it just seems Xbox live and this Gateway/Modem are not playing well together with no solution in sight. Gets pretty frustrating when you disconnect a couple sword swings away from taking down Crota on HM as the swordbearer, then everyone is *** at you like you did something wrong...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem as DylanAndDad11 and when ever i contact microsoft i just gat the run around and nothing is a perament solution i need help now its been like two or three months now  and i'm about ready to snap seriouly you have no clue just how madding this all is and its not even my fault someone is to blame whether its microsoft or comcast or cisco its self someone needs to tell me how to fix it now

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got a new Cisco DPC3939 from Comcast this afternoon.  I was able to successfully connect to XBox Live with my XBox 360 after the modem/gateway was up and running.  Two hours later, after having changed nothing, I tried to login to Xbox Live from the same Xbox 360 and consistently got a DNS related error when testing the wireless network connection.  We chatted with a Comcast support technician.  She changed our modem/gateway channel number and resynced the modem/gateway with the network.  We then restarted the XBox 360 and tried connecting to XBox Live.  It worked!!

We'll see if this permanently solves the issue.   BTW, I had done all of the things DylanAndDad11 tried.  In my case, changing the channel number on the modem/gateway worked. Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

change DNS too 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 should work for now but yeah hope that help, i'm still having some problems

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

restore to default! it works!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I recently (just before X-mas) switched over to Comcast business (Tier 10up/25down) and they set up this router DPC3939B and I've had random disconnects...very intermittent...could be 5 min. or could be 20 min. before disconnect from Xbox live.

I just had the Comcast technician come out and explained to him my issue and he seems to believe it's an issue between Xbox 360s and Microsoft (possibly update related). Technician checked the line connection (at wall and bldg.) and reports there are no issues with line. All reports great.

I'm connected directly to the router just as the desktop. Have absolutely no issues with the desktop or any of my other devices (Xoom and cell phone) that are connected via wireless. WTF!

I've checked settings within router...nadda. I've power cycled Xbox and router...nadda. I've made sure ports are open, NAT off, Firewall off etc...Nadda.

I'm heavily leaning towards a recent Xbox 360 update that has possibly borked as is the technician.

Win 11 Home 23H2 22631.3296
MSI R2 B14NUC7-085US

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 463 Applies to: