"Sorry, something went wrong. Give it another try, or try on Xbox.com" When Content Restrictions Enabled on iPad

We recently had to enable Content Restrictions on my son's iPad, but now he cannot sign in to his Xbox Live account in Minecraft. 

the iPad is currently running iOS version 12.3.1

In the Settings app on the iPad I go into 'Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Content Restrictions -> Web Content'

We set the Web Content to 'Allowed Websites Only' 

But now when we go into Minecraft on the iPad and try to sign in to the Xbox Live account we get the message "Sorry, something went wrong. Give it another try, or try on Xbox.com"

if we change the Web Content setting to 'Unrestricted Access', or 'Limit Adult Websites', Minecraft allows us to sign into Xbox Live. 

We have tried adding https://xbox.com to the list of allowed websites, but that isn't working. What address/domain do we need to list that will allow Minecraft/Xbox Live to work within iOS content restrictions?

Hello Donald, 

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! In regards to this issue, we would not have any form of support for this as this is dealing with settings in your iPad, to which we have no knowledge about here. This is an IOS content restriction issue and we wouldn't be able to assist with this. It is our recommendation to contact Apple support for further assistance for this issue. 

If you have any other questions for us please feel free to reply back or create a new thread letting us know. Thank you gain for posting on Xbox Forums! 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ruben, 

I really just need to know what address Xbox Live uses to authenticate. 

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I’m pretty sure adding live.com is what fixed this for me. 

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, 

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.  

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums! 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2020 Views 390 Applies to: