Zune Music Pass error C00D1365

I've started receiving this error (C00D1365) when I try to play certain albums in my music collection.  I spoke with Zune support who had me log out and back in and then suggested I reinstall the Zune software.

To me, that suggestion makes absolutely no sense and seems to be based in "Well, I don't know what to do so I'll tell him to reinstall the software".  I'm hoping for a more educated response, something that hints at intelligence and knowledge.  If reinstalling the software is honestly the only way to fix this problem then I'll do it, but as a computer professional I can't see any way that reinstalling the software would do anything that the kiddies over at Microsoft couldn't do on their end.

Wow, all this right after I bragged to a friend I'd never had a problem with MS's DRM. 

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 189 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there Chuck! Sorry to hear your having Zune troubles. What this error code is telling us is that Zune is having trouble connecting to the Zune Marketplace, which is how it verifies usage rights for your Music Pass subscription.

There are a few things I would suggest you try. First, make sure you have an internet connection. If that looks good, make sure that your date and time are correct for your PC, as this can cause the verification to come back as invalid. The next steps would be to clear your browsers history and temp files. Also, in your browser settings, make sure the LAN settings are set to "Automatically detect settings".

Give those suggestions a try, and let us know how it goes. Also, here is the source article. "Error code C00D1385 or C00D1365 occurs when you're using the Zune software."

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem is not with my computer.  I've already wasted my time with chat support only to go around in circles repeating the same steps you described above over and over again.  I'm sorry to say I was very unimpressed by MS chat support staff.

The error code continues to persist.  The problem is resolved if I delete the song and re-add it.  I would appreciate it if an engineer could look at this problem promptly as last time I was promised contact from an engineer (after escalation) I was contacted by the boy from the chat support again asking me to repeat the same steps again and when I told him I'd already followed those steps he called me a liar.

Pleas have an engineer contact me as soon as you get this message.  I think as a paying customer who is no longer getting what he's paying for you have an obligation to take whatever reasonable steps are necessary to resolve this issue.  Unfortunately, no one listens at Microsoft unless you make legal threats so here it is.  You are in violation of the Canadian Consumer Protection Act.  You have 3 weeks to restore my service to functional or I will take my case to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs for criminal investigation.

I look forward to your urgently prompt reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ChimmyChuck,

Sorry to hear about the frustration.

We'd recommend following the steps that our Zune support team provided for removing the Zune application and re-installing it. Hopefully this step helps.

We'd appreciate it if you could let us know. For inquiries into our legal department, you'll want to check our 'Microsoft Legal and Corporate Affairs' page.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Iffic,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.  Unfortunately, no one has ever recommended removing the Zune software and the link previously provided by Ohnaka is broken.  I don't think I asked for your legal department's contact info but thanks, I guess.  I do, however, think that I did ask, as a paying customer, to have an engineer contact me.  There was a time when a) I could call Micorsoft for support, b) When I wrote a letter I got a response.  Now I get excuses and insults.

I've done as you suggested and removed the Zune software and reinstalled it.  There was, of course, no change in my difficulties.  Have I jumped through enough hoops yet to be treated like a customer instead of a loiterer?  Please, please, please treat me with the respect that's due the person who pays your pay cheque.  Just get me contact information or have someone that is capable of helping me contact me asap.  This has been going on far too long.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have resolved the situation.  The required steps were:

1) Delete entire Zune Music Pass collection from computer

2) Uninstall Zune Software

3) Remove music files from Windows 8 Phone 1 file at a time using incredibly outdated beta app Microsoft calls a replacement for the Zune Software

4) Redownload all music

While this is a solution, I don't really consider it acceptable.  Especially after all the smoke that was blown up my a$$ by MS employees while trying to waste my time.  I really wish I'd bought an Android phone so I could leave Zune but I'm screwed by my own bad decision and Microsoft's incompetence.  Anyway, here's a solution that doesn't involve being insulted by little children at Microsoft over and over again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please disregard.  The music seems to be playing on the desktop Zune player (you know the music player that worked that MS decided to replace with a less than half thought out beta) but the phone still complains about music not being authorized.  This is I had to click the checkbox next to 1000 songs one at a time because an idiot at MS never bothered to use this product or at least never bothered to notice that there's no way to delete more than one song at a time without major time investment.  Even after "deleting" everything using the Windows Phone App Preview 3 app (yet another unfortunate name from Microsoft) I found several directories of music which had to be hand deleted from the file browser.

I'm going to go ahead and try contacting someone again but I'm not holding my breath.  If this isn't fixed by the end of the day I'm returning the Windows Phone 8 I just got and getting anything else.  I knew Windows Phone 8 did not impress from the reviews but I really didn't expect it and the music service to take such a nose dive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay so again a Microsoft agent blew me off repeatedly during a chat session as I asked for tier two support.  I patiently explained what was wrong and steps already taken and asked for tier two support as this is clearly an issue with my account.  He acknowledged my demand every time I made it and ignored me.  He made it sound like he was going to get someone and then just started going through the same damned steps I'd already gone through.

Certain, random songs will not play sometimes be it on Zune, Windows Phone 8 or Xbox 360 streaming.  I've complained and begged for someone to take me seriously and all I get is a bunch of bs from Microsoft employees and because MS doesn't give a *** about their customers there is no way to escalate and speak with manager.  No process to protect their customers just more ways to fleece and screw them over.  As it has been made clear to me that my business is not welcome or wanted I will take it elsewhere.  I've canceled my membership.  I've replaced my Windows Phone 8 with an Android phone and I will not be purchasing the next Xbox.  To put this in perspective, this will be a loss of several thousand dollars over the course of the next few years.  I'm still determining if I can dump MS for everything without inconveniencing myself and it looks like Ubuntu has come a long way so hopefully I will never have to want to talk to an MS employee again (because it's not like I can speak with one now).  I hope your company goes bankrupt to make space for something better.

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, ElectiveTrout

In order to provide you with the best possible support, we ask that all users create their own thread with details about the situation they see & steps taken to resolve it already. That'll make it easier for our Ambassadors & staff to find & resolve the issue. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow man. Was this ever resolved? This is horrific and I fear I'm just about to start the process.

Sorry this didn't help.