Zune Movie Problems on Xbox live

• I keep getting pushed to Zune telephone support which points you to chat support or twitter
  • Xbox live tells me its a zune problem but I have been unable to get help from zune.
  • This has been an over all horrible situation that i can't get help with.

This year I have purchased two movies, at full price on Zune via Xbox Live. When I attempt to play the movies on my xbox it tells me that the movie can not be played even though the movies exist on my xbox hard drive. I was told by Zune support "As the content is no longer available there is no license to for the console to update to allow playback. I was told to look at section 8 of the TOU by the support person. I have read and reviewed the TOU in detail and section 9 only applies to the re-download of the content and not the actual playback of the content.

The Service may consist of specific content, features and functions that vary depending on your Territory and the type of device from which you access the Service.  For example, the Service may include access to music, video, games, or mobile applications that are available in certain countries or for certain devices only.

Some content available in the Service may be unavailable from time to time or may only be offered for a limited time due to contractual or other limitations.  As such, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream certain content that you have purchased. We have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any content previously purchased.  To the extent we receive information from the content owners indicating the date their content will be unavailable, we will endeavor to share this information with you.

Your ability to access the Service and obtain certain content is restricted to your Territory. If you change your account to a different Territory, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream content that was available to you in your previous Territory. You may be required to purchase and pay for content in your new Territory even though you have already paid for that content in the previous Territory.

I was told the following by Zune Support on twitter and asked for a refund.

ZuneSupport Zune Support
@
zerobeagle I'm afraid those videos are no longer available for download. ^SM
zerobeagle I can understand your frustration. Take a look at section 8 of TOU bit.ly/h7qXs8 ^SM
ZuneSupport Zune Support
@
zerobeagle That also applies. As the content is no longer available there is no license to for the console to update to allow playback. ^SM
I can not get any help from anyone on Zune. I used microsoft points for this on Xbox Live and would like a refund. no one will help me or respond to me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there Beagle! After reading your post it sounds like @ZuneSupport has already provided you with the answer to your issue. The only thing I could add would be to recommend you try contacting Zune Support directly (gethelp.live.com/.../zune.aspx) if you want to discuss a refund. I'm sorry you are unhappy with this resolution, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The content from section 8 of the terms for Zune which are also the same terms which the Xboxlive service use. If you go down to line 5 of this particular section you will note that it reads "As such, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream certain content that you have purchased" it goes on to say "no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement ". As previously stated, i am not trying to re-download the content, i am trying to view the content which already exists on my device.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.